Senior Software Engineer - Production Support
- Foster City, CA, USA
Common Purpose, Uncommon Opportunity. Everyone at Visa works with one goal in mind – making sure that Visa is the best way to pay and be paid, for everyone everywhere. This is our global vision and the common purpose that unites the entire Visa team. As a global payments technology company, tech is at the heart of what we do. CyberSource, a Visa company, has been and continues to be a pioneer within the e-Commerce Payment Management world. Our VisaNet network is capable of handling over 65,000 transaction messages per second for people and businesses around the world, enabling them to use digital currency instead of cash and checks.
We are also global advocates for financial inclusion, working with partners around the world to help those who lack access to financial services join the global economy. Visa’s sponsorships, including the Olympics and FIFA™ World Cup, celebrate teamwork, diversity, and excellence throughout the world. If you have a passion to make a difference in the lives of people around the world, Visa offers an uncommon opportunity to build a strong, thriving career. Visa is fueled by our team of talented employees who continuously raise the bar on delivering the convenience and security of digital currency to people all over the world. Join our team and
find out how Visa is everywhere you want to be.
Cybersource Production Support is responsible for supporting the CyberSource applications for enterprise-level. This team responds to all reports of application problems in production and staging environments, and works as quickly as possible to mitigate impacts, provide RCAs and recommendations, and to generate reports and analytics on issue impacts.
We are looking for someone with significant analytical capabilities as we need the person in this position to be comfortable in troubleshooting production issues.This role require significant on-call 24x7 support and responsibilities.
In addition, the Senior Software Engineer will build and enhance key applications that form the core of CyberSource transaction platform. This highly visible and mission critical position will require in-depth knowledge of how the various applications that constitute the platform function, leveraging Java and open source technologies and include server-side and UI-based applications. The responsibilities include gathering and clarifying requirements, facilitating communication with other groups within the company with the objective of constantly improving CyberSource suite of applications. As a key member of the engineering team, you will need to communicate technical ideas clearly with both technical and non-technical audiences. This position also requires strong analytical skills.
- Gather and analyze requirements from Product Managers/Owners
- Acquire deep knowledge on multiple applications in order to independently support them.
- Work closely with Operations & Infrastructure groups to understand challenges in production environments.
- Build tools to improve application reliability and quality, and programmer productivity
- Partner with various teams to diagnose, troubleshoot and fix issues that cause impact to customers
- Design and enhance highly scalable and fault-tolerant systems to meet increasing levels of reliability, availability,scalability
- Provide architectural recommendations in the area of application serviceability to allow elimination or early detection of potential issues
- Lead in issue postmortems and provide quality metrics that set direction for quality initiatives by identifying chronic problem areas
- Understand and adhere to SOA and messaging principles
- Author technical specifications and design documents
- Be willing to work on both server-side and UI-side modules
- Able to work with various cross functional (technical and non- technical) groups
You have a Bachelor degree in Computer Science or related field with 5+ years of Software Development Experience or a Masters with 3+ years of Software Development Experience.You are a Java, Java EE expert with relevant experience designing and building large scale enterprise Java applications
You have :
- Experience with REST APIs, JSON and exposure to container based technologies.
- Deep analytical skills and ability to think on the feet and work under pressure
- Deep understanding of XML parsing and XML schema design
- Good understanding of SOA principles and Web Services and messaging technologies
- Experience building zero fault-tolerant, scalable and high-volume systems applications
- Experience with IBM Websphere or Tomcat or JBoss
- Experience in OO design and design patterns
- Strong experience with Agile development incorporating Continuous Integration and Continuous Delivery, utilizing technologies such as GIT, Maven, Jenkins, Chef, Crucible, Sonar, Junit
- Strong Windows/Unix platform skills and understanding of network, storage, tiered application environments and security.
- Good interpersonal skills along with effective communication (both written and verbal) skills.
- Ability to solve complex systems and database environment issues.
- Ability to work in a complex organization to determine business and customer needs, providing the best solution to meet those needs.
- Knowledge of Splunk, New Relic, Graphite or equivalent monitoring tools
- Experience with performance tuning of applications and use of load testing tools such as JMeter, LoadRunner, etc.
- Exceptional oral and written communication skills
- Production Support Experience
- Payment Gateway Experience preferred
- Experience in relational database design, and optimization with commercial grade databases such as Oracle, or MySql
- Knowledge of Credit Card and/or Electronic Check processing
- Experience analyzing Java thread/heap dumps
- A good team player, flexible, share knowledge and help others.
- Work experience in Visa will be preferred.
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.