- Bengaluru, Karnataka, India
Staff Software Development Engineer in Test / Java – I6
Bengaluru, Karnataka, India
Common Purpose, Uncommon Opportunity. Everyone at Visa works with one goal in mind – making sure that Visa is the best way to pay and be paid, for everyone everywhere. This is our global vision and the common purpose that unites the entire Visa team. As a global payments technology company, tech is at the heart of what we do: Our VisaNet network processes over 13,000 transactions per second for people and businesses around the world, enabling them to use digital currency instead of cash and checks. We are also global advocates for financial inclusion, working with partners around the world to help those who lack access to financial services join the global economy. Visa’s sponsorships, including the Olympics and FIFA™ World Cup, celebrate teamwork, diversity, and excellence throughout the world. If you have a passion to make a difference in the lives of people around the world, Visa offers an uncommon opportunity to build a strong, thriving career. Visa is fueled by our team of talented employees who continuously raise the bar on delivering the convenience and security of digital currency to people all over the world. Join our team and find out how Visa is everywhere you want to be.
A Software Development Engineer in Test (SDET) at Visa is a developer with the primary responsibility of writing frameworks and tools to test products. It is a very unique and challenging role and provides immense opportunity to design and develop wide-reaching tools. It combines the "building" aspect of software design engineering with the "breaking" aspect of software test engineering. You’ll be writing code that automatically verifies the quality of the product. That means that you potentially write more code than the developers. SDETs at Visa are able to understand software internals, debug code, automate repetitive tasks, and implement new tools and frameworks needed to streamline our quality process. Our SDETs work directly with both Software Development Engineers and Quality Assurance Engineers to understand project features, review technical designs, and implement automated test tools that help deliver quality features with efficiency. Our SDETs understand customer usage models and are able to develop test plans and test cases that approximate real-world environments and scenarios.
• Java, Spring, Hibernate, Web Services, HTML, JSP, Java Script, Servlets, Web Services, XML, AJAX, Microservices, SOA, REST, JSON a MUST.
• Strong experience with Agile development incorporating Continuous Integration and Continuous Delivery, utilizing technologies such as GIT, Maven, Jenkins, Chef, Sonar, PowerMock.
• GoLang, Docker, Kubernetes experience is good to have.
• Knowledge of functional programming is a plus.
• 10-17 years overall SDET and/or development experience.
• Design and build scalable automated test frameworks and test suites working across technologies.
• API level testing.
• Perform manual testing, the scope of which will encompass all functionalities of services as a prequel to automation.
• Analyze test logs; create test reports, co-ordinate with stakeholders.
• Strong understanding of computer science fundamentals and data structures.
• Demonstrated experience in writing clean code quickly.
• Test framework design and automation experience.
• Strong analytical and problem solving skills.
• Understanding of QA methodologies, life cycle and processes.
• Computer Science fundamentals in algorithm design, problem solving, and complexity analysis.
• Experience developing test automation tools and frameworks.
• Experience developing high quality test strategies and test automation.
• Strong problem solving and trouble shooting skills and an ability to come up with creative solutions to impossible-to-solve problems.
• Experience in web application and device test automation using Selenium, Robotium, Appium or any equivalent tool/s.
• Strong, object-oriented design and coding skills.
• Strong exposure with Selenium and Appium framework.
• Experience with distributed (multi-tiered) systems, algorithms, and relational databases.
• Coding experience with automation framework, tools and services for mobile. Working Experience in API testing and Automation of the services.
• Understanding of QA methodologies, life cycle and processes.
• Expertise in database testing including designing and manipulating test data, validating stored procedures, jobs, triggers and replication.
• TestNG, JUnit & Testng highly desirable.
• Experience in QA with exposure to white box testing.
• Experience with Open Source Performance Testing Tool Jmeter.
• Hands on in Web services automation using Rest assured.
• Experience in Object Oriented Analysis, Design(OOAD) and development of software using UML Methodology, good knowledge of J2EE design patterns and Core Java design patterns.
• Participate in design and code inspections.
• Experience working closely with development and business teams to communicate impacts and to understand business requirements.
• Comfortable communicating cross-functionally and across management levels in formal and informal settings.
• Ability to effectively articulate technical challenges and solutions.
• Shows creativity and initiative to improve product coverage and effectiveness.
• Deal well with ambiguous/undefined problems; ability to think abstractly.
• Liaise with internal business and IT groups (such as database administration, infrastructure support, development) in performing support activities, system configuration and standard functionality analysis for enhancement requests.
• Provide support to strategic initiatives assigned including, but not limited to system configuration, testing of applications and process enhancements, upgrades and new solutions, ensuring sound knowledge transfer to assume post-implementation support role.
• Expected to critically evaluate customer service requests and incidents to prioritize own workload, determine potential global and/or cross-modular impacts, determine temporary procedural work-around where feasible, and communicate to the broader group of impacted parties.
• Conduct one-on-one user training or formalized, pre-developed larger group training sessions as assigned.
• Proactively identify, evaluate, and communicate ideas for process improvements and training needs both for applications usage by customers as well as for internal processes and skills enhancement.
• Coach and mentor your team members and help them grow professionally. Passion to work with people and help mentor your juniors to reach new heights.
• Lead meetings and discussions with cross-functional and non-technical teams.
• Excellent communication and interpersonal skills and above all, you are a team player!
• Help in taking interviews and hiring process.
• Owning the project deliverables end to end.
• Taking active part in architecture and design discussion.
A Bachelor's or Master's degree with 10 -17 years of experience as Developer or SDET.