Account Executive - Global Merchant Clients - Level 5
- London, gb
Job Title: Account Executive - Global Merchant Clients
Job Code: REF14434M
Skill Category: Merchant
Job Type: Permanent
Posting Start date: Tuesday 26th February 2019
Closing Date: Tuesday 26th March 2019
Salary: Competitive plus Benefits
What’s it all about?
Visa is searching for an Account Executive partnering with Global Merchants Headquartered in UK & Ireland, with businesses typically spanning the Europe region and the globe covering multiple segments such as airlines, quick service restaurants, retail and more. These are top tier, major merchants, with operations and/or aspirations across multiple territories, and the role requires close collaboration with teams across Visa within Europe and across regions. As an integral member of the Merchant Sales & Acquiring team, this individual brings account leadership, consultative selling and creativity to manage these strategic relationships, expand acceptance, grow Visa usage, and partnering with merchants to drive solutions.
What we expect of you, day to day.
- Partner with merchants – Build strong merchant client relationships, be Visa’s internal “CEO” for designated Global Merchant relationships and be the key business interface for these merchants, to identify and secure new opportunities, establish preference for Visa payments and solutions, develop strategic relationships with business leaders and lead the account planning and execution processes; for the designated merchants.
- Drive positive merchant outcomes – establish fluency in all Visa merchant-facing solutions and communicate and articulate all aspects of Visa value propositions for merchants, consultatively identify and prioritize merchant needs and craft tailored solutions that drive specific commercial metrics (e.g. merchant business growth, Visa growth) and increase merchant satisfaction with Visa products/services. Learn, build and articulate the Visa value proposition.
- Optimize merchant investments – identify or partner with business development on new opportunities for merchants to partner with Visa e.g. innovation, commercial partnerships, co-creation etc. – Leading to outcomes that will jointly benefit merchants and Visa (e.g. driving sales of Visa core and digital products, develop appropriate business cases and forecasts, advocate for funding, identify and deploy Visa resources to address objectives, track our performance, and use learnings to inform future investment).
- Support the expansion of Visa acceptance by matching Visa objectives and solutions to merchants’ business development plans, including: expansion into new markets, growth sectors, non-card payments, omni-channel solutions and terminalisation.
- Support the key foundational aspects of the merchants’ businesses in partnership with the key SME’s/functional teams across Visa, including: CSS, Visa membership/licensing, legal/regulatory requirements, merchant operational optimisation, rules/product/technology change, rules compliance, technological resilience and business continuity.
- Establish strong internal partnerships – partner with functions across Visa (e.g., sub-regional leadership, global MSA, CSS, product, etc. to collaboratively deliver on responsibilities for various merchant outcomes and troubleshoot merchant relationships within Visa internally, escalating issues as required.
- Help to establish a new team and formalize strategy on how to support some the largest global merchants in the UK/Ireland cluster.
What we’re after…
- Experienced, results oriented leader with a significant level of business experience, and a proven track record in managing global clients/accounts, developing strong relationships and pursuing sales partnerships.
- Exceptional written and verbal communication skills with the ability to establish effective relationships and communicate at all levels of the organisation including executive management.
- Strong commercial acumen and proven ability to negotiate business agreements and to enhance existing and develop new business partnerships.
- Strong understanding of Visa’s business (four party model, rules, pricing, products, sales) processes.
- Exceptional ability to manage & grow internal and external resources and cross functional relationships
- Excellent interpersonal skills collaborating across functions/geographies in a complex matrix environment
- Possesses high standards of ethics and integrity towards employees, stakeholders and customers.
- Committed to cultivating a community through Visa’s Leadership Principles.
- Strong strategic and thought leadership skills.
- Data management and analytics skills.
- Proven international payments experience and strong understanding global payment systems.
- Global & entrepreneurial mindset.
- Vertical / segment expertise.
- Experience with client consulting projects.