Application Support Programmer Analyst, HP Nonstop
- Highlands Ranch, CO, USA
Common Purpose, Uncommon Opportunity. Everyone at Visa works with one goal in mind – making sure that Visa is the best way to pay and be paid, for everyone everywhere. This is our global vision and the common purpose that unites the entire Visa team. As a global payments technology company, tech is at the heart of what we do: Our VisaNet network processes over 13,000 transactions per second for people and businesses around the world, enabling them to use digital currency instead of cash and checks. We are also global advocates for financial inclusion, working with partners around the world to help those who lack access to financial services join the global economy. Visa’s sponsorships, including the Olympics and FIFA™ World Cup, celebrate teamwork, diversity, and excellence throughout the world. If you have a passion to make a difference in the lives of people around the world, Visa offers an uncommon opportunity to build a strong, thriving career. Visa is fueled by our team of talented employees who continuously raise the bar on delivering the convenience and security of digital currency to people all over the world. Join our team and find out how Visa is everywhere you want to be.
This role is responsible for contributing to the overall integrity and availability of the Debit Processing Switch, Prepaid ,Open File Delivery (OFD) and associated applications.
This is an individual contributor role responsible for solving problems that have a medium to large impact on the business.
- Maintenance and support of all applications/services running on the HP Nonstop Blade and Itanium platforms.
- Perform 2nd and 3rd level Incident management for the production and/or certification environments through a 24x7 rotating support model.
- Research and implement bug fix programming changes and utilize development SME's as appropriate.
- Implement various levels of One-Off and BAU requests.
- Work with 1st and 2nd level support teams to identify and implement application fixes and enhancements to increase efficiency and ease of use.
- Work with application software development on the implementation and support of software maintenance releases.
- Creating/updating documentation on vital install procedures or research techniques
- Support client implementation projects as needed.
- Provide technical assistance to Client Services, Network Operations, Coverage and Implementations.
- Assist in the testing and certification of new 3rd Party software, as needed.
- Serve as a trusted resource for the Advantage applications to various departments throughout the organization.
- Serve as support representative for cross organizational initiatives.
- Cultivate, support and promote an organizational culture that provides for high performance, high morale, integrity and teamwork.
Work cross organizationally to ensure problems are solved promptly and effectively.
- College degree in computer science or equivalent work experience in data processing.
- 3-6 years support and/or development role experience on HP Non-Stop machines (Itanium or higher) utilizing Connex/Advantage application – required (Base24 Preferred if no Connex/Advantage)
- 3-6 years support and/or development role experience in TAL/C/SQL MP/TACL/Pathway/Enscribe – required
- General knowledge of EFT transaction processing – required
- Working knowledge of Connex Advantage Authorization Processor (AP) is a plus.
- Working knowledge of MQ and or replication software such as Golden Gate Software (GGS) is a plus.
- Collaborative, team oriented style
- Displays leadership and mentoring skills
- Ability to work independently exhibiting strong multitasking and time management skills
- Good analytical and problem-solving skills
- Good communication (oral & written) skills including the ability to translate technical issues/concepts into ways for non-technical staff to understand.
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.