Sr. Accounts Payable Analyst-Payments
- Mexico City, CDMX, Mexico
Common Purpose, Uncommon Opportunity. Everyone at Visa works with one goal in mind – making sure that Visa is the best way to pay and be paid, for everyone everywhere. This is our global vision and the common purpose that unites the entire Visa team. As a global payments technology company, tech is at the heart of what we do: Our VisaNet network processes over 13,000 transactions per second for people and businesses around the world, enabling them to use digital currency instead of cash and checks. We are also global advocates for financial inclusion, working with partners around the world to help those who lack access to financial services join the global economy. Visa’s sponsorships, including the Olympics and FIFA™ World Cup, celebrate teamwork, diversity, and excellence throughout the world. If you have a passion to make a difference in the lives of people around the world, Visa offers an uncommon opportunity to build a strong, thriving career. Visa is fueled by our team of talented employees who continuously raise the bar on delivering the convenience and security of digital currency to people all over the world. Join our team and find out how Visa is everywhere you want to be.
The candidate will be a primary contributor to the Accounts Payable process in the Shared Service Center. The primary role of this position will be to support payment processing for various entities across the Latin America and the Caribbean.
- Execute payments related to invoices and expense reports across all parts of the LAC Region, ensuring transactions are executed within compliance of established key controls
- Conduct bank account reconciliations on all payment runs, ensuring payments are properly executed and payment failures are identified
- Assist, research, and resolve payment failures and other related issues with internal business units, external vendors, and corporate banking partners
- Calculate cash flow requirements and prepare cash flow forecasts to partner with the Treasury department to ensure proper funding of corporate bank accounts
- Ensure all payments are accurately recorded to the General Ledger
- Provide assistance to the Corporate Accounting team on payment research and reconciliation of cash accounts
- Assist in documentation requirements for the LAC Accounts Payable function
- Provide high level of customer service in support of payment inquiries and research requests
- Work with internal business units to implement process improvements
- Assist with internal audit walk-throughs and SOX documentation
- Assist management with ad hoc projects as necessary
- Minimum 5 years of accounts payable payments processing, including exposure to Foreign Currency payments
- Familiarity with LAC payment standards and payment types
- Required experience with Oracle, with a focus on Accounts Payable and Payments modules
- Experience using various cash management banking portals and Treasury workstations
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills with strong commitment to customer service
- Independent and self-motivated - ability to work with little or no direct supervision
- Strong problem solving and organizational skills
- Ability to support team environment
- Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting or Finance (or equivalent experience)
Visa will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of Article 49 of the San Francisco Police Code.
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.