Sr Software Engineer - Java Full Stack Developer
- Singapore, Singapore
As the world's leader in digital payments technology, Visa's mission is to connect the world through the most creative, reliable and secure payment network - enabling individuals, businesses, and economies to thrive. Our advanced global processing network, VisaNet, provides secure and reliable payments around the world, and is capable of handling more than 65,000 transaction messages a second. The company's dedication to innovation drives the rapid growth of connected commerce on any device, and fuels the dream of a cashless future for everyone, everywhere. As the world moves from analog to digital, Visa is applying our brand, products, people, network and scale to reshape the future of commerce.
At Visa, your individuality fits right in. Working here gives you an opportunity to impact the world, invest in your career growth, and be part of an inclusive and diverse workplace. We are a global team of disruptors, trailblazers, innovators and risk-takers who are helping drive economic growth in even the most remote parts of the world, creatively moving the industry forward, and doing meaningful work that brings financial literacy and digital commerce to millions of unbanked and underserved consumers.
You're an Individual. We're the team for you. Together, let's transform the way the world pays.
This is a full stack developer role for a self-motivated individual with excellent software engineering skills and
expertise in Java/J2EE technologies. The candidate will be extensively involved in hands-on activities including POCs, design, documentation, development and testing. Candidate must be flexible and willing to switch tasks based on team's needs, and should be capable to work across the layers and technologies stack. This position reports to a Director of Marketing Services Programs in Singapore and will be based in Singapore. The successful candidate will be a Sr Software Engineer in the Marketing Services Product Development team focusing on design and build of software solutions that leverage data to solve business problems.
- Responsible for design, development and implementation of various business functionalities.
- Design, develop and maintain mission-critical systems, delivering high-availability and performance.
- Work on development of new products iteratively by building quick POCs and converting ideas into real products.
- Develop high quality code using all proactive code validation techniques and mentor junior developers to ensure the deliveries on time, within budget.
- Have a passion for delivering zero defect high quality code, with proactive mindset
- Own end to end delivery responsibility for modules, participate in Continuous Integration activities, automation frameworks for testing and deployments, and other related items in addition to contributing to core product code.
- Interact with both business and technical stakeholders to deliver high quality products and services that meet business requirements and expectations.
- Present technical solutions, capabilities, and features in business and technology terms. Effectively communicate status, issues, and risks in a precise and timely manner.
- BS/MS in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, or related field.
- 3+ years of software design, architecture and development experience.
- Strong foundation in computer science, with excellent competencies in data structures, algorithms and software design
- Strong experience in building large scale applications using open source and J2EE/Big Data technologies.
- Strong in Core Java development concepts. Good design and coding skills in Java/J2ee, Web Services, Spring, Hibernate, Soap/Rest APIs, and Java Script Frameworks for modern web applications like AngularJS, Backbone etc.
- Experience with Big Data ecosystem like Hadoop, Spark, Map Reduce, H-Base, MongoDB, Yarn, Kafka or equivalent is a preferable.
- Keen for writing quality and self-validating code using unit tests, or following TDD.
- Capable to leverage DevOps techniques and practices like Continuous Integration, Continuous Deployment, Test Automation, Build Automation and Test Driven Development to enable the rapid delivery of working code utilizing tools like Jenkins, Gradle, Chef, Git and Docker.
- Good verbal, and written communication skills to effectively communicate for business needs and technical concepts to multiple organization levels.
- Experience in Agile development using any of the methodologies like SCRUM is a big plus.
- Product development experience is Must.
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.