Lead DevOps Engineer - Data Product Development
- Singapore, Singapore
As the world's leader in digital payments technology, Visa's mission is to connect the world through the most creative, reliable and secure payment network - enabling individuals, businesses, and economies to thrive. Our advanced global processing network, VisaNet, provides secure and reliable payments around the world, and is capable of handling more than 65,000 transaction messages a second. The company's dedication to innovation drives the rapid growth of connected commerce on any device, and fuels the dream of a cashless future for everyone, everywhere. As the world moves from analog to digital, Visa is applying our brand, products, people, network and scale to reshape the future of commerce.
At Visa, your individuality fits right in. Working here gives you an opportunity to impact the world, invest in your career growth, and be part of an inclusive and diverse workplace. We are a global team of disruptors, trailblazers, innovators and risk-takers who are helping drive economic growth in even the most remote parts of the world, creatively moving the industry forward, and doing meaningful work that brings financial literacy and digital commerce to millions of unbanked and underserved consumers.
You're an Individual. We're the team for you. Together, let's transform the way the world pays.
This is a Director level role and will have special focus on promoting DevOps model to increase developer productivity through well-orchestrated automated services in various stages of continuous integration and continuous delivery.
We are currently supporting 5 Product Development teams, with 35+ applications and 125+ developers across different geographies..
This is a hands-on technical role but with a high degree of collaboration to drive cultural change and raise the maturity levels of the Continuous Delivery practices. Own Continuous Delivery specifications, quality, release deployments and monitoring of production health. Enable developers to ship high quality products and features with an end-to-end mindset from conception to delivery and production support.
You will have responsibility to:
• Work directly with agile Application Development teams to provide daily support aligned with a model of Continuous Delivery.
• Work closely with Application Development, Information Security, Infrastructure Provisioning, and Operations teams to provide fully automated build and deployment routines for Development, Staging, and Production environments
• Define and evolve Build & Release best practice by working within teams and educating the other stakeholder teams. These best practices should support traceability & auditability of change.
* Identify, plan and implement automation in build/deploy and environment management activities.
• Responsible for deploying code and other proactive maintenance activities to keep the services up and running
• Balance the provisioning of day-to-day activities of a Shared Service team with more structured project work and change initiatives
• Promote a Dev Ops culture through building relationships with Development & Operations and driving enhancements to the end-to-end release process (workstation to production).
• Ensure continuous availability of various tools supporting SCM & Release Management including Source Control, Continuous Integration, & Change Management.
• Lead cross-functional colocated teams in design, development and implementation of enterprise scalable features related to enabling higher developer productivity, environment monitoring and self-healing, and facilitate autonomous delivery teams.
DevOps Lead Engineer should ideally possess the following qualities in order to have a flourishing career:
Bachelor's degree in computer science, computer engineering or relevant field required.
10+ years of hands on experience in software industry in either development or build and release in Java, .NET environment.
Should have hands on and good understanding on DevOps tools and automation framework. Experience with Build, Deployment and CI tools such as TFS VNEXT, Bamboo, Jenkins, Maven, Gradel.
A working understanding of code and script ( Python, Ruby)
Experience with automation/tools configuration management using either Chef, Docker or an equivalent, focusing on faster provisioning, reliability and consistency.
Design and develop continuous deployment pipeline, integrating GIT(Bitbucket), Jenkins and Chef
Data management skills for Analytics
Understanding and efficiency in collaboration, open communication and reaching across functional borders
Ability to handle multiple competing priorities in a fast-paced environment
Mentor engineers on technology, process, people, and product skills.