Senior Business Development Leader, Head of Acquiring, East China Region
- Shanghai, China
As the world’s leader in digital payments technology, Visa’s mission is to connect the world through the most creative, reliable and secure payment network - enabling individuals, businesses, and economies to thrive. Our advanced global processing network, VisaNet, provides secure and reliable payments around the world, and is capable of handling more than 65,000 transaction messages a second. The company’s dedication to innovation drives the rapid growth of connected commerce on any device, and fuels the dream of a cashless future for everyone, everywhere. As the world moves from analog to digital, Visa is applying our brand, products, people, network and scale to reshape the future of commerce.
At Visa, your individuality fits right in. Working here gives you an opportunity to impact the world, invest in your career growth, and be part of an inclusive and diverse workplace. We are a global team of disruptors, trailblazers, innovators and risk-takers who are helping drive economic growth in even the most remote parts of the world, creatively moving the industry forward, and doing meaningful work that brings financial literacy and digital commerce to millions of unbanked and underserved consumers.
You’re an Individual. We’re the team for you. Together, let’s transform the way the world pays.
1. Manage all acquirers locate in East China Region, responsible for growing Visa’s acceptance outlet from current less than 1.5M to at least 11M within next three years and ~$400B annual MV;
2. Responsible for the development of customized merchant conversion & development strategy and execution plan to prepare Visa for market entry RMB issuing business;
3. Responsible also the development of acceptance strategy and execution plan against CUP direct link acquiring model (~15% of total China CUP merchants) to eliminate CUP’s acceptance advantage to Visa and pave the way for Visa to compete effectively especially in China most affluent provinces of Shanghai, Jiangsu and Zhejiang.;
4. Partner with internal stakeholders (Product, Risk, Marketing, Operations, Merchant Sales, CRM, etc.), to set and deliver the strategic agenda for Visa’s business to increase clients’ stickiness of Visa’s products and solutions
5. Responsible for partnering with hub and cross functions to design and introduce the solutions, and bring differentiated values for acquirers and merchants
6. Lead and coordinate the implementation of key acquiring and merchants’ especially digital solutions projects with this client
7. Ensure the accurate financial management of the Client via the development of logical forecasting and reporting, management client contracts
8. Support Visa Domestic Entry initiative from the client level in light of China government opens up the payment market
9. Represent Visa and the organization’s strategy, vision and judiciously communicate the implications of the changing payments landscape with Clients
1. Build the required acceptance infrastructure for market entry; develop and execute effective strategy to address direct link merchant acceptance challenges;
2. Manage and oversee East China region acquiring business and implementation of acquirer/merchant solutions to ensure that Visa is the payment provider of choice and grow Visa’s business share among client;
3. Develop and growing strategic partnerships with emerging new payment intermediaries such as non-FI, PFs and Fintechs focused on acquiring, including the CUP owned top China acquirer CUMS;
4. Build relationship with GM level senior executives of non-bank clients, and with DGM, acceptance in charge, of FI clients;
5. Partner with CRM to engage with clients’ senior management to sell and promote solutions especially digital solutions;
6. Own and lead the merchant acquiring strategic planning for growing inbound business growth, and building the competitive advantage for domestic market entry;
7. Utilize a consultative sales approach that ensures Visa is familiar with the strategies and issues of the Client and tailor Visa's acquiring, merchants’ solutions to address those needs, to assist the client in meeting their business objectives and maximizing the performance of their Visa portfolio; and ensure clients’ stickiness to Visa’s solutions and value
8. Partner with CRM on account planning and review, as well as to identify, align and manage the opportunity pipelines
9. Delivery of MSV and Net Revenue targets.
10. Reporting and forecast accuracy
11. Client Satisfaction Survey scores from top FI and non-FI acquirers
12. Co-lead the acquirer solutions selling and implementation to top acquirers, top merchants and key FinTech to build Visa’s competitive advantage for Visa business
13. Develop and implement hub/global initiatives in conjunction with the acquiring Clients in China.
The incumbent must be curious and passionate to learn new things, smart at numbers, has successful sales background, and attuned to various dynamics that lead to business performance. The incumbent will report to Vice President, Merchant Sales and Solutions, China
• Recognized degree preferably in Business or economics
• Minimum 15 years of proven sales experience, with strong account management experience, project management experience and relationship management experience. A background in business consulting, financial product management and payment industrial will be preferable.
• Project management
• Financial management
• Deal structuring, negotiation, documentation and execution
• Good analytical skill to understand the profitability of new opportunities and existing business.
• Outstanding communication skills
• Presentation skills
• Product positioning and marketing skills
• Business consultation skills
• Good interpersonal skills
• MS Office and PC knowledge
• Understanding of Payment Industry
• Ability to identify, develop and implement opportunities that will drive business growth for Visa and the Client.
• Knowledge of payments industry and ecosystem, understanding of evolving changes driven by mobile devices, non-FI and FinTechs
• Understanding of payment industry including key business and operational considerations.
• Result orientated team player
• Knowledge of Visa products, services and solutions, especially digital solutions and emerging products