Sr. Systems Analyst
- Bengaluru, Karnataka, India
As the world's leader in digital payments technology, Visa's mission is to connect the world through the most creative, reliable and secure payment network - enabling individuals, businesses, and economies to thrive. Our advanced global processing network, VisaNet, provides secure and reliable payments around the world, and is capable of handling more than 65,000 transaction messages a second. The company's dedication to innovation drives the rapid growth of connected commerce on any device, and fuels the dream of a cashless future for everyone, everywhere. As the world moves from analog to digital, Visa is applying our brand, products, people, network and scale to reshape the future of commerce.
At Visa, your individuality fits right in. Working here gives you an opportunity to impact the world, invest in your career growth, and be part of an inclusive and diverse workplace. We are a global team of disruptors, trailblazers, innovators and risk-takers who are helping drive economic growth in even the most remote parts of the world, creatively moving the industry forward, and doing meaningful work that brings financial literacy and digital commerce to millions of unbanked and underserved consumers.
You're an Individual. We're the team for you. Together, let's transform the way the world pays.
The Systems Analyst a.k.a. Application Production Support Level 2 Engineer is part of a team responsible to provide successful implementation and management of Visa services (applications under Visa Information Management (Commercial Cards)) in the test and production environments. Ensuring the service meets the corporate quality, security and compliance standards, and providing the documentation for the ongoing support and maintenance of the systems.
· Responsible for providing 24X7 Application Support across multiple visa applications.
· Responsible for applying code and operation break fixes and other proactive maintenance activities to keep the services up and running.
· Responsible for evaluating the Issues reported by Visa clients and members and providing ongoing solutions
· Responsible for managing the performance and tuning of several Visa applications.
Will be responsible for managing the service and ticket SLAs and managing the workflow to achieve the SLAs.
· At least 4 plus years’ experience with ETL Batch jobs, Hadoop/BigData technologies (Sqoop, Hive, HDFS, Spark and Impala) and Data warehouse projects.
· Knowledge and experience with Linux and UNIX.
· At least 3 years’ experience in Production support working in a globally distributed team.
· Working experience on Java, J2EE and Perl Script technologies and WebSphere Application Server, MQ and Web Services.
· Experience in working with Db2 UDB and Oracle DB’s is preferred, DML/DDL SQLs and Store PROCs
· Experience with BMC Remedy and ticketing workflows is preferred.
· Prior working experience with Card and transaction domains will be advantageous.
· Should have a technical and business mindset
· ISO 9000 and ITIL experience will be advantageous.
Bachelor's degree or equivalent in CS, Engineering or related field such as programming or software engineering