North America – Director VBS Product Pricing
- Foster City, CA, USA
Common Purpose, Uncommon Opportunity. Everyone at Visa works with one goal in mind – making sure that Visa is the best way to pay and be paid, for everyone everywhere. This is our global vision and the common purpose that unites the entire Visa team. As a global payments technology company, tech is at the heart of what we do. CyberSource, a Visa company, has been and continues to be a pioneer within the e-Commerce Payment Management world. Our VisaNet network is capable of handling over 65,000 transaction messages per second for people and businesses around the world, enabling them to use digital currency instead of cash and checks.
We are also global advocates for financial inclusion, working with partners around the world to help those who lack access to financial services join the global economy. Visa’s sponsorships, including the Olympics and FIFA™ World Cup, celebrate teamwork, diversity, and excellence throughout the world. If you have a passion to make a difference in the lives of people around the world, Visa offers an uncommon opportunity to build a strong, thriving career. Visa is fueled by our team of talented employees who continuously raise the bar on delivering the convenience and security of digital currency to people all over the world. Join our team and find out how Visa is everywhere you want to be.
“Visa will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of Article 49 of the San Francisco Police Code.”
Visa's Large and Middle Market Commercial Product Team has responsibility for the North America Market, including: P&L accountability, Development of our product vision for Visa's commercial solutions, Creation of issuer segment strategies, Commercialization of new and enhanced products and services, Research and Thought Leadership, and Product Engagement with our issuing financial institutions and partners. The team serves financial institutions and their downstream clients by providing payment products and services to large and middle market corporate/multinational companies, governments and commercial supply chain/B2B segments. The North America Commercial Product Team works collaboratively with the Commercial Platform, Partnerships and Commercial Sales Teams as well as other regions, ensuring alignment on market positioning and collaborative product development across all areas of Commercial Payments globally.
The Director VBS Product Pricing is a key contributor to the team, focused on ensuring in-depth market and competitive analysis of commercial payment solutions. Visa Business Solutions is a growing segment within Visa, with aggressive growth targets and a focus on development of new and innovative payment solutions for commercial clients. Pricing is a critical element of our long-term growth strategy. Candidate will manage pricing across multiple product sets, and will implement and maintain a product pricing methodology informed by the market, our competition, our costs, and our competitive advantages. Candidate will collaborate across all regions to enforce global consistently when possible, and document regional pricing differences when needed. Candidate will work with all Product Managers to develop models for each of our solutions that are used to gauge individual deal profitability. Candidate should have strong analytical skills with a demonstrated ability to understand costs and manage profitable margins across various products and markets. Candidate should have proven project management and organizational skills and have the ability to shift priorities quickly and balance multiple competing priorities simultaneously. This role works collaboratively with product, sales, finance and our regional partners to manage the strategic pricing direction and trajectory of our growing Business Solutions segment globally.
Work with the Global Commercialization Lead and the broader Large and Middle Market team to:
• Manage VBS North America pricing activities, including:
· Creation and Maintenance of product-specific models
· Analysis of product and client-level profitability
· Continuously review product pricing to ensure it is competitive, relevant, and driving profitability for Visa
• Lead an ongoing cross-functional Pricing Committee (including regional leads, sales, platform, and partnerships)
• Lead projects that design and deploy pricing analytics, as well as optimization tools to enable effective pricing decisions while enhancing the quality and consistency of pricing processes.
• Translate Corporate Strategy into Pricing and Contracting guidance for VBS leadership.
• Build relationships with business leaders and facilitate deeper relationships and consultative style between Product, Sales and Partnerships
• Understand overall client relationship profitability across multiple markets
- 8-10+ years’ experience in financial analysis and modeling
· Commercial card payments and/or B2B payments experience preferred
- Understanding of key marketing and product metrics and the ability to organize & structure data from various internal and external sources
- Team oriented, collaborative, diplomatic, and flexible, with excellent presentation skills, including strong oral and writing capabilities
- Strong product management skills a must
- Able to work independently and in a matrixed environment
- Bachelor’s Degree in Finance or Similar
Visa will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with EEOC guidelines and applicable local law.