Director, AML/CTF Compliance - VGSI
- Highlands Ranch, CO, USA
Visa operates the world's largest retail electronic payments network and is one of the most recognized global financial services brands. Visa facilitates global commerce through the transfer of value and information among financial institutions, merchants, consumers, businesses and government entities.
We offer a range of branded payment product platforms, which our financial institution clients use to develop and offer credit, charge, deferred debit, prepaid and cash access programs to cardholders. Visa's card platforms provide consumers, businesses, merchants and government entities with a secure, convenient and reliable way to pay and be paid in 170 countries and territories.
As the world’s leader in digital payments technology, Visa’s mission is to connect the world through the most creative, reliable and secure payment network - enabling individuals, businesses, and economies to thrive. Our advanced global processing network, VisaNet, provides secure and reliable payments around the world, and is capable of handling more than 65,000 transaction messages a second. The company’s dedication to innovation drives the rapid growth of connected commerce on any device, and fuels the dream of a cashless future for everyone, everywhere. As the world moves from analog to digital, Visa is applying our brand, products, people, network and scale to reshape the future of commerce.
At Visa, your individuality fits right in. Working here gives you an opportunity to impact the world, invest in your career growth, and be part of an inclusive and diverse workplace. We are a global team of disruptors, trailblazers, innovators and risk-takers who are helping drive economic growth in even the most remote parts of the world, creatively moving the industry forward, and doing meaningful work that brings financial literacy and digital commerce to millions of unbanked and underserved consumers.
You’re an Individual. We’re the team for you. Together, let’s transform the way the world pays.
Visa Global Services Inc. (VGSI) is a wholly owned subsidiary of Visa Inc. that facilitates the B2B Connect. B2B Connect is a business-to-business payment service whereby participating banks to allow their corporate clients to pay their vendors and be paid by their own customers. Visa B2B Connect is designed to specifically address the challenges with traditional cross-border and cross-currency non-card payments
- Design, and manage VGSI product-specific BSA/AML and sanctions risk strategy, standards, procedures and risk assessments to support the product roadmap, rollout, and service offering.
- Partner with cross functional teams to define enhanced controls, tools and compliance monitoring rules for VGSI clients and customers.
- Execute VGSI monitoring rules to ensure participants’ compliance with product parameters
- Develop the standards for compliance operations including SLAs and escalations of items, training, first line of defense quality reviews, governance, issue management, and reporting.
- Manage a team responsible for the daily compliance operations related to CDD/EDD, sanctions screening, and periodic reviews.
- Interact with senior management in Product, Compliance, Legal, Risk, and regional business units concerning AML/CTF issues and processes
- Stay up-to-date of regulatory and corporate governance developments affecting cross-border payments
- Report periodically on program status and escalate issues to senior management
- Support resolution of compliance issues in partnership with regional Compliance & Client Services teams.
- Communicate priorities, activities, and results to the larger organization, including senior leadership.
- Have a strong pulse and feedback loop on regional and functional partner needs
- Respond as needed to third party compliance inquiries and regulatory exam requests.
- Identify and take on ad hoc strategic projects and execute on key initiatives, including closing any gaps in product features and functionality.
- This role requires occasional travel around the globe
Visa will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of Article 49 of the San Francisco Police Code.
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.