Senior Account Manager UK & Ireland - Level 5
- Dublin, Ireland
Fascinated by the future and captivated by technology?
Smart, driven and want to make a difference in the world?
You’ll fit right in.
Join a diverse team at Visa, where your individuality fits right in. We can provide the opportunity to shape the payments experience globally. Together, let’s transform the way the world pays.
Think you know us?
Our mission is to connect the world through the most innovative, reliable and secure digital payment network that enables individuals, businesses and economies to thrive.
Individuality fuels our brand and our global team – we’re proud that we are a talented team of 15,000 individuals with unique backgrounds, perspectives and experiences. Therefore, we understand that you are much more than your day job. We encourage quality of life outside of the office, whether it’s taking advantage of agile work schedules or our wellness programs, Visa respects and encourages meaningful work/life balance for everyone. In addition, we offer market leading salary and have a fantastic benefits offering.
So, if you’re not satisfied with the status quo, we can satisfy your desire to explore new territory, giving you the runway to really make an impact, whilst connecting you with teams around the world in a truly inclusive culture that celebrates our uniqueness.
If you think you could support Visa as a Senior Account Manager, UK & Ireland, we want to hear from you – together, let’s make Visa a great place to work.
What’s it all about?
Client Services works with issuers, acquirers, processors and merchants worldwide to develop and deliver the support model for Visa.
Providing day-to-day operations and product support, back office support and customer performance reporting.
Client Services is the Visa authority for Client operational business within Visa and the business units of Client organizations.
This is an individual contributor role responsible for solving complex problems and taking a broad perspective to identify innovative solutions.
This role serves as a technical/functional specialist and works independently with guidance only in the most complex situations.
This role is based in our Dublin Office.
What we expect of you, day to day.
- Considered the functional expert for their clients processing and operational business. Gains a detailed understanding of the clients business and their needs.
- Takes ownership & accountability for the resolution of operational support issues.
- Liaise and collaborate across Visa to ensure their client’s needs are understood
- Provide insight and input within cross-functional Visa organizations for new or changing products and services that may impact their clients, including Visa rules, integrated billing, and transaction research.
- Act as liaison for the client, provide problem management, proactive identification of processing efficiencies, service change support and system enhancement support.
- Coordinate internal resources to accomplish Visa and client objectives. Ensure processing system performance standards are achieved and that the client perspective is represented within the organisation.
- Provide proactive planning and operational support to ensure that both the client and Visa are operating in the most effective and cost efficient manner whilst managing costs and increasing overall transaction performance (including authorisation, clearing & settlement, back office processing).
- Stay current with industry and client trends and maintain a strong knowledge of Visa products and services.
- Represent complex, customer change requests, system or operational requirements, negotiate and manage expectations internally and externally.
- Develop and manage strategic planning, operational initiatives, special projects and client-driven continuous improvement plans.
- Identify and analyse processing issues with client impacts, consistently communicate situational status and resolution, advise on SLA performance both internally and externally and develop improvement plans to address chronic client problems.
- Partner with assigned Account Executives to identify additional business opportunities.
- Perform ongoing proactive operational reviews with client to include billing and transaction processing, identifying and discussing opportunities to make improvements.
What we’re after…
- Significant experience in a customer support role in financial services, payment card, software or information services.
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent professional experience.
- Excellent verbal, written, presentation and interpersonal skills are required.
- Must have in-depth knowledge of Authorizations, Clearing & Settlement & back office processing.
- Must have a good working knowledge of payments network and processing services.
- Must be a self-starter with proven abilities in organizational, conceptual, and logical problem solving.
- Customer focus with proven ability to establish productive working relationships with staff and management at all levels.
- Ability to set priorities and manage customer expectations. Work both as part of a team and independently.
- Strong technical aptitude with the ability to absorb technical information and apply to business solutions.
- Proficiency providing technical and consultative support to external customers and identify business needs.
- Demonstrate ability to work in a complex organization to determine business and customer needs, providing the best solution to meet those needs.
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Office
Think you have what it takes?
If you are interested in a career that will challenge and inspire you – we’d love to hear from you!
Diversity & Inclusion
Universal acceptance for everyone, everywhere, is not only our brand promise, it’s the foundation of our company culture. We foster a feeling of connectedness in the workplace, support diversity of thought, culture and background, fight for important initiatives like Equal Pay and actively work to eliminate unconscious biases that hold us all back.
By leveraging the diverse backgrounds and perspectives of our worldwide teams, Visa is a better place to work and a better business partner to our clients.