Lead Data Architect/Analyst - Data Product Development, External Data Products
- Palo Alto, CA, USA
Common Purpose, Uncommon Opportunity. Everyone at Visa works with one goal in mind – making sure that Visa is the best way to pay and be paid, for everyone everywhere. This is our global vision and the common purpose that unites the entire Visa team. As a global payments technology company, tech is at the heart of what we do: Our VisaNet network processes over 13,000 transactions per second for people and businesses around the world, enabling them to use digital currency instead of cash and checks. We are also global advocates for financial inclusion, working with partners around the world to help those who lack access to financial services join the global economy. Visa’s sponsorships, including the Olympics and FIFA™ World Cup, celebrate teamwork, diversity, and excellence throughout the world. If you have a passion to make a difference in the lives of people around the world, Visa offers an uncommon opportunity to build a strong, thriving career. Visa is fueled by our team of talented employees who continuously raise the bar on delivering the convenience and security of digital currency to people all over the world. Join our team and find out how Visa is everywhere you want to be.
Visa's External Data Products team is looking for Data Architect/Analyst who will be responsible for design, development, and execution of data product initiatives. A strong experience working in data product organizations is required for this job. You will be a part of multi-disciplinary team including data architects, BI developers, architects, data science, engineering, and operational teams for data products. This position can be located in either Palo Alto or Foster City, CA.
Day in and day out, you'll be:
- Covering end-to-end Data Product development working with internal and external
- Leading important aspects of the data management to enable development of interactive data products and APIs
- Participating in agile product development and contribute your in-depth technical knowledge and hands-on experience in the areas of Data Management, BI Architecture, Product Development, RDBMS and non-RDBMS platforms
- Using your analytical skills and working with business users and technology teams to recognize data patterns for expansion of product capabilities
- Responsible for design and delivery of data solutions to empower data migration initiatives, BI initiatives, dashboards development, etc.
- Participate in POC of new technology solutions as a part of product roadmap
Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or related discipline
Minimum 10 years working in data products organization
- Big Data/Hadoop (Hive, Hbase, Impala)
- Solid background in UNIX/Linux
- Knowledge of relational and dimensional data modeling
- Knowledge of RDBMS solution( DB2, Oracle)
- Excellent SQL skills
- Experienced in Agile methodologies
- Deep understanding of Data Management principles
- Strong oral and written communication skills
- Strong leadership skills
- BI tools (Tableau, MicroStartegy)
- Banking or financial experience (preferred not required)
Visa will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with EEOC guidelines and applicable local law.