Lead Product Reliability Engineer - Data Product Development
- Palo Alto, CA, USA
Common Purpose, Uncommon Opportunity. Everyone at Visa works with one goal in mind – making sure that Visa is the best way to pay and be paid, for everyone everywhere. This is our global vision and the common purpose that unites the entire Visa team. As a global payments technology company, tech is at the heart of what we do: Our VisaNet network processes over 13,000 transactions per second for people and businesses around the world, enabling them to use digital currency instead of cash and checks. We are also global advocates for financial inclusion, working with partners around the world to help those who lack access to financial services join the global economy. Visa’s sponsorships, including the Olympics and FIFA™ World Cup, celebrate teamwork, diversity, and excellence throughout the world. If you have a passion to make a difference in the lives of people around the world, Visa offers an uncommon opportunity to build a strong, thriving career. Visa is fueled by our team of talented employees who continuously raise the bar on delivering the convenience and security of digital currency to people all over the world. Join our team and find out how Visa is everywhere you want to be.
Visa's Business Intelligence & Analytics team is looking for curious, creative, and talented engineers to join our team. You will be responsible for driving various teams, both technical and product teams, to release high quality product development features to the market on a regular cadence and monitor production services to meet operational, performance and other service level agreements. This position requires a strong service delivery skills familiar with the challenges that typically confront technology projects, limited resources, conflicting priorities, cross function teams, etc., and that can work through these challenges, escalating when necessary, and only after exhausting options with internal stakeholders.
- Bachelors Degree in Computer Science or related field
- 7+ years of experience with at least 4 years related to program, project development, validation, release management/engineering and monitor/capture/report operational metrics.
- Experience in Deployment management; both Production and Non-Production Systems
- Experience with third party monitoring, debugging tools and writing custom scripts (Shellscript etc) to automate metrics capture and reporting.
- Proactive, innovative, collaborative, and driven to achieve results
- Experience with environment build-out, prep, installs, configuration, maintenance and troubleshooting.
- Must have experience with SCM tools (GIT, JIRA, WIKI, JENKINS)
- Good communication skills: written and oral, Active listening, seeking to understand others views, communicating at the appropriate level for the audience
Visa will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with EEOC guidelines and applicable local law.