Senior Risk Management Analyst - CyberSource
- Tokyo, Japan
As the world’s leader in digital payments technology, Visa’s mission is to connect the world through the most creative, reliable and secure payment network - enabling individuals, businesses, and economies to thrive. Our advanced global processing network, VisaNet, provides secure and reliable payments around the world, and is capable of handling more than 65,000 transaction messages a second. The company’s dedication to innovation drives the rapid growth of connected commerce on any device, and fuels the dream of a cashless future for everyone, everywhere. As the world moves from analog to digital, Visa is applying our brand, products, people, network and scale to reshape the future of commerce.
At Visa, your individuality fits right in. Working here gives you an opportunity to impact the world, invest in your career growth, and be part of an inclusive and diverse workplace. We are a global team of disruptors, trailblazers, innovators and risk-takers who are helping drive economic growth in even the most remote parts of the world, creatively moving the industry forward, and doing meaningful work that brings financial literacy and digital commerce to millions of unbanked and underserved consumers.
You’re an Individual. We’re the team for you. Together, let’s transform the way the world pays.
To advise CyberSource customers in managing the risk of taking payments, predominantly credit and debit card, online. This will include analyzing order data to identify emerging fraud trends, developing strategies to mitigate these trends, and working closely with CyberSource's global customers to implement these strategies using a combination of CyberSource and industry tools.
• Work with (typically) 8-12 acquirers / e-commerce merchants to help them manage CyberSource risk management products to prevent online card fraud
• Analyze transaction data with a view to optimizing risk management strategies for clients.
• Produce regular, detailed reports that clearly explain to clients the performance of current risk management strategies, and if appropriate, how these can be improved.
• Take a proactive approach to staying up-to-date with product developments by monitoring code release notes and knowledge sharing within the team.
• Consulting customers on how to use our products and services or taking full control (including configuration) of our fraud solution to help our customers in achieving their business goals.
• Manage go live process including set up, delivering Fraud Decision Manager element (success start / workshop).
• To act as a mentor to junior analysts in managing merchants conducting rule profile reviews and assisting with complex issues.
• Provide pre-sales support where required by accompanying sales team to meetings with prospects to act as subject matter expert on payment risk. This should be done with a sales-oriented focus.
• Maintain a detailed knowledge of industry best practice and emerging trends and technologies within payment risk management.
• Deliver occasional training sessions to clients on the use of CyberSource risk products. This may be done over the phone or involve giving face to face presentations / workshops.
Key Results Areas:
• Meeting the merchant SLA's that are set out in the contract agreements.
• Delivering regular reporting and rule recommendations.
• Successful delivery of workshops based on customer feedback.
• Consistent demonstration of key competency areas.
• Minimum of 5 years’ experience working within a fraud team at a financial institution or ecommerce merchant. Must also have experience of interpreting results from fraud tools used to combat online card fraud (e.g. 3DSecure, device fingerprinting, IP geolocation, velocity, neural scoring etc.).
• Strong communication skills, with the ability to write clear and concise reports in both Japanese and English, and the skills to communicate complex concepts and results to customers via phone, email or face to face engagements in both languages.
• Experience of presenting to senior stakeholders and delivering technical training.
• Experience of managing multiple priorities and experienced in effectively managing customer needs
• Excellent Microsoft Excel and Access skills (for example, use of pivot tables, VLOOKUP queries, linking Excel to databases etc).
• Experience of analyzing large sets of transaction data to identify patterns and trends.
• Experience of working with Tableau and SQL.
• Degree or equivalent in Finance, Business, Computer Science or Engineering (or equivalent).
• Experience of working in the payments industry.