Senior Product Manager, Data Products - Level 5
- London, UK
Fascinated by the future and captivated by technology?
Smart, driven and want to make a difference in the world?
You’ll fit right in.
Join a diverse team at Visa, where your individuality fits right in. We can provide the opportunity to shape the payments experience globally. Together, let’s transform the way the world pays.
Think you know us?
Our mission is to connect the world through the most innovative, reliable and secure digital payment network that enables individuals, businesses and economies to thrive.
Individuality fuels our brand and our global team – we’re proud that we are a talented team of 15,000 individuals with unique backgrounds, perspectives and experiences. Therefore, we understand that you are much more than your day job. We encourage quality of life outside of the office, whether it’s taking advantage of agile work schedules or our wellness programs, Visa respects and encourages meaningful work/life balance for everyone. In addition, we offer market leading salary and have a fantastic benefits offering.
So, if you’re not satisfied with the status quo, we can satisfy your desire to explore new territory, giving you the runway to really make an impact, whilst connecting you with teams around the world in a truly inclusive culture that celebrates our uniqueness.
What's it all about?
As a Snr Product Manager in the Data Products team, you will be at the forefront of leading and delivering new and existing data driven products for our clients across Europe. You will have key accountabilities within the team responsible for development, launch and scaling of products that help leverage one of the deepest, most exciting consumer payments datasets anywhere in the world to help grow our clients businesses.
What we expect of you, day to day.
You must be a self-starter, be curious and eager to innovate - driving activity that helps deliver the next generation of issuer, acquirer and merchant data solutions. Primary responsibilities of the role will include:
- Become the subject matter expert and assume end-to-end product management responsibilities for several data products and propositions.
- Lead the coordination of activity to deliver data product implementations within Europe, including well-structured collateral across the product life-cycle.
- Understand and review market trends, client needs, competitive landscapes, and overarching privacy and regulatory environments
- Commercial focus on priority outcomes, including related P&L targets
- Help to lead the development and socialisation of a cohesive data product strategy and roadmap in Europe.
- Be able to flex, collaborate and build credibility across global cross-functional teams, including suppliers, partners and stakeholders as required - across multiple disciplines including product, sales, data science, innovation, development, operations, finance, legal/regulation and marketing
- Support EU clusters, country leads and account executives for opportunities and pilots and roll-outs.
What we're after...
- Demonstrable prior product experience of successful product development and roll-out, and clear understanding of the impacts to stakeholders throughout the end to end lifecycle
- Commercial and Financial experience of managing assets such as investment funds and product P&L
- Strong contributor with significant experience with payments data, with specialist knowledge of at least one particular area (e.g. fraud, merchant, authorisations etc.) an advantage.
- Educated to degree level, or hold equivalent professional experience
- Ability to assess situations and solve problems through sound reasoning and structured thinking.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Stellar drive, stamina and energy, with the ability to influence people at different levels of the organisation.
- Proven ability to take initiative, solve business problems, and have focus on client success
- Hands-on skills in reporting and visualisation tools such as Tableau, Microstrategy and Excel are an advantage
- A broad knowledge and understanding of relevant technologies and analytics techniques such as SQL/Hadoop, coding, machine learning/AI, statistical/predictive models, data cleansing, large scale data analysis, etc., .
- Knowledge of Agile methodologies to drive product development and delivery an advantage.
- Prior people management and leadership skills
Diversity & Inclusion
Universal acceptance for everyone, everywhere, is not only our brand promise, it’s the foundation of our company culture. We foster a feeling of connectedness in the workplace, support diversity of thought, culture and background, fight for important initiatives like Equal Pay and actively work to eliminate unconscious biases that hold us all back.
By leveraging the diverse backgrounds and perspectives of our worldwide teams, Visa is a better place to work and a better business partner to our clients.