3DS 2.0 Market Development Manager – Level 5
- London, UK
Fascinated by the future and captivated by technology?
Smart, driven and want to make a difference in the world?
You’ll fit right in.
Join a diverse team at Visa, where your individuality fits right in. We can provide the opportunity to shape the payments experience globally. Together, let’s transform the way the world pays.
Think you know us?
Our mission is to connect the world through the most innovative, reliable and secure digital payment network that enables individuals, businesses and economies to thrive.
Individuality fuels our brand and our global team – we’re proud that we are a talented team of 15,000 individuals with unique backgrounds, perspectives and experiences. Therefore, we understand that you are much more than your day job. We encourage quality of life outside of the office, whether it’s taking advantage of agile work schedules or our wellness programs, Visa respects and encourages meaningful work/life balance for everyone. In addition, we offer market leading salary and have a fantastic benefits offering.
So, if you’re not satisfied with the status quo, we can satisfy your desire to explore new territory, giving you the runway to really make an impact, whilst connecting you with teams around the world in a truly inclusive culture that celebrates our uniqueness.
If you think you could support Visa as a 3DS 2.0 Market Development Manager, we want to hear from you – together, let’s make Visa a great place to work.
What’s it all about?
As identity and transaction risk fraud continues to grow in both scale and complexity, Visa is developing leading edge solutions to stay ahead of fraudsters and protect consumers and other key stakeholders in the payments ecosystem.
In Europe, PSD2 regulation is accelerating the need to deploy Visa’s 3DS 2.0 and associated new technology solutions. The purpose of this role is to drive the successful adoption of the 3DS 2.0 protocol by acquirers, gateways and merchants.
Responsible for understanding the market landscape and regulatory requirements, evaluating opportunities to improve adoption and collecting stakeholder feedback, the 3DS Market Development Manager will develop roll out strategies to ensure acquirers, gateways and merchants rapidly adopt the latest version of the 3DS protocol.
In addition, the role will involve being an internal evangelist to educate Visa’s client facing teams and regional product leads on the value and benefits of 3DS2.0.
What we expect of you, day to day.
- Develop strategies to ensure acquirers, gateways and merchants rapidly adopt the latest version of the 3DS protocol and appreciate the value of the broader range of Visa SCA solutions
- Manage regional roll out plans with acquirers, merchants, processors to ensure the program achieves key implementation milestones.
- To clearly articulate to clients and internal stakeholders the implications of PSD2 Strong Customer Authentication (SCA) regulation on the authentication and approval of e-commerce payments.
- Provide market intelligence to enable the coordination and tracking of key program workstreams, helping establish relevant performance measurements and working with stakeholders to ensure KPIs are achieved
- Provide feedback to the Europe regional product owner on issues that help to localize the commercialization of 3DS2.0 in Europe (e.g., pricing, product features, sales enablement tools, competitor’s products, etc.)
- Provide product support to in market sales teams and help drive strong client engagement by developing training and region specific sales materials, conducting presentations with clients and holding training sessions.
- Provide additional program support to:-
- 3DS Vendors including MPI providers and acquirer processors
- Strategic merchant/gateway/acquirer pilot programmes
- In conjunction with regional and global product management teams, provide support on day-to-day product queries and client-facing meetings and be the escalation point for new product implementations
- Facilitate the sharing of important and relevant business and client information that results in improved decision making and superior execution
What we’re after…
- Bachelor's degree, advanced or technical degree preferred, or hold equivalent professional experience
- High level of experience in financial services or payments with an emphasis on merchants and/or acquirers helpful
- Strong communicator – effective in interacting and building relationships across Visa and client organizations; able to adapt communication strategies to the needs of their audience (e.g., simplifying complex technical messages)
- Strong commercial acumen – understands the economics of client’s business and how risk management products can impact a client’s P&L as well as the commercial drivers of Visa’s business
- Proven success in consultative selling and collaborative sales techniques
- Excellent understanding of European regulation (PSD2 SCA) to help acquirers and merchants develop acceptance strategies that maximise transaction approvals
- High energy, motivated team player. Able to work across cross-functional teams to drive projects and key initiatives to completion.
- Presentation skills – conduct training and other presentations to large audiences – both internal and external
- Self-starter, highly organized with a strong attention to detail and achieving results
- Ability to negotiate/influence a wide variety of stakeholders by finding compromises and win/win scenarios
- Strong problem solving skills – able to analytically break down problems into solutions
Diversity & Inclusion
Universal acceptance for everyone, everywhere, is not only our brand promise, it’s the foundation of our company culture. We foster a feeling of connectedness in the workplace, support diversity of thought, culture and background, fight for important initiatives like Equal Pay and actively work to eliminate unconscious biases that hold us all back.
By leveraging the diverse backgrounds and perspectives of our worldwide teams, Visa is a better place to work and a better business partner to our clients.