Senior Director, Head of Products – Hong Kong, Macau & Taiwan
- Hong Kong
As the world's leader in digital payments technology, Visa's mission is to connect the world through the most creative, reliable and secure payment network - enabling individuals, businesses, and economies to thrive. Our advanced global processing network, VisaNet, provides secure and reliable payments around the world, and is capable of handling more than 65,000 transaction messages a second. The company's dedication to innovation drives the rapid growth of connected commerce on any device, and fuels the dream of a cashless future for everyone, everywhere. As the world moves from analog to digital, Visa is applying our brand, products, people, network and scale to reshape the future of commerce.
At Visa, your individuality fits right in. Working here gives you an opportunity to impact the world, invest in your career growth, and be part of an inclusive and diverse workplace. We are a global team of disruptors, trailblazers, innovators and risk-takers who are helping drive economic growth in even the most remote parts of the world, creatively moving the industry forward, and doing meaningful work that brings financial literacy and digital commerce to millions of unbanked and underserved consumers.
You're an Individual. We're the team for you. Together, let's transform the way the world pays.
The Products organization drives consumer product innovation and development for Visa in Hong Kong, Macau & Taiwan. The group identifies, prioritizes and builds alliances and solutions for new products, platforms and market segment penetration. The team focuses on product/service strategy, market development, product innovation and development, product deployment, enhancements management and strategic alliances.
1. Strategizes, plans and implements product development, product platform customization / digitization and core customer segment value propositions for clients and partners to drive business growth in Hong Kong, Macau & Taiwan.
2. Partners with client product organizations and lead the team to enhance and/or launch products, develop and implement core and customized product features, manage selected vendor and merchant partner relationships, and collaborate with key functions in local markets and regional hub on product development and management.
3. Leads market’s payments agenda by identifying current and future products & solutions opportunities through deep client engagement, fintech / technology partnerships, and awareness of technology/business trends influencing consumer behavior.
4. Manages products team in Hong Kong and Taiwan’s offices, by motivating, coaching, mentoring and supporting them to function as a high performing team.
5. As a member of Hong Kong, Macau and Taiwan senior leadership team, exemplify teamwork and leadership qualities in supporting local markets critical initiatives.
1. Lead and manage the Hong Kong, Macau & Taiwan product strategy covering CVP, rules, pricing, system enhancements, digitalization, innovation
2. Manage and meet financial and business metric performance indicators for country’s Product function including operating expense budget, payment volume, transaction volume, CIF, and revenue targets
3. Reinforce client and partner relationships critical to the success of Hong Kong, Macau & Taiwan’s business, and enhance Visa’s status as their valued partner
4. Product development
5. Team management
6. Corporate Relations (CR) - Support CR function by being a Visa spokesperson and thought-leader in payments and digital transformation to enhance Visa’s reputation as an industry leader
7. Government Relations (GR) - Collaborate with GR function in maintaining strong relations with regulators to preserve Visa’s and clients’ interests in payments business
· Bachelor degree required, Advanced degree a plus
· 12-15 years of working experience in product management, retail banking, payments, finance, technology, or consulting, with 5 years in leadership role(s) demonstrating proven track record of managing & coaching performance driven teams
· Subject matter expertise in payment products in Hong Kong, Macau & Taiwan markets
· Excellent analytical skills to assess financial and new business opportunities
· Able to engage, influence and build credibility with management and key stakeholders both internally & externally
· Ability to work in a matrix organization and with cross functional teams
· Proficiency in MS Office and business intelligence tools
· Basic knowledge of payment solutions/technology
· Executive presence and influencer
· Public speaking at large forums/events and to the media
· English and Mandarin language fluency, Cantonese a plus
Common Purpose, Uncommon Opportunity. Everyone at Visa works with one goal in mind – making sure that Visa is the best way to pay and be paid, for everyone everywhere. This is our global vision and the common purpose that unites the entire Visa team.
As a global payments technology company, tech is at the heart of what we do: Our VisaNet network processes over 13,000 transactions per second for people and businesses around the world, enabling them to use digital currency instead of cash and checks. We are also global advocates for financial inclusion, working with partners around the world to help those who lack access to financial services join the global economy. Visa’s sponsorships, including the Olympics and FIFA™ World Cup, celebrate teamwork, diversity, and excellence throughout the world. If you have a passion to make a difference in the lives of people around the world,
Visa offers an uncommon opportunity to build a strong, thriving career. Visa is fueled by our team of talented employees who continuously raise the bar on delivering the convenience and security of digital currency to people all over the world. Join our team and find out how Visa is everywhere you want to be.