Senior Software Engineer
- Bengaluru, Karnataka, India
Common Purpose, Uncommon Opportunity. Everyone at Visa works with one goal in mind – making sure that Visa is the best way to pay and be paid, for everyone everywhere. This is our global vision and the common purpose that unites the entire Visa team. As a global payments technology company, tech is at the heart of what we do: Our VisaNet network processes over 13,000 transactions per second for people and businesses around the world, enabling them to use digital currency instead of cash and checks. We are also global advocates for financial inclusion, working with partners around the world to help those who lack access to financial services join the global economy. Visa’s sponsorships, including the Olympics and FIFA™ World Cup, celebrate teamwork, diversity, and excellence throughout the world. If you have a passion to make a difference in the lives of people around the world, Visa offers an uncommon opportunity to build a strong, thriving career. Visa is fueled by our team of talented employees who continuously raise the bar on delivering the convenience and security of digital currency to people all over the world. Join our team and find out how Visa is everywhere you want to be.
The Merchant & Acquirer Processing team is going through transformation to converge our enterprise and small business platforms while maintaining our market leading position and strong brand reputation across these segments. As a Senior Software Engineer, you will be integral part of this transformation and will be solving challenging business problems and build highly scalable and available applications that provide an excellent user experience. Here are key responsibilities of the role -
- Design, document and implement new systems, as well as enhancements and modifications to existing software with code that complies with design specifications and meets security and Java best practices.
- Interact with both business and technical stakeholders to deliver high quality products and services that meet business requirements and expectations while applying the latest available tools and technology
- Have a passion for delivering zero defect code and be responsible for ensuring the team's deliverables meet or exceed business expectations
- Identify opportunities for product innovation and strive for improvements to best practices, standards and processes
- Mentor junior developers to ensure deliverables are on time with good code quality
- Coordinate Continuous Integration activities, testing automation frameworks and other related items in addition to contributing core product code
- Present technical solutions, capabilities, considerations, and features in business terms.
- Effectively communicate status, issues, and risks in a precise and timely manner
- Bachelors Degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering or related technical field required.
- Expertise with the Java 8 platform or higher
- Expertise with Spring, Vertx or Akka frameworks
- Development experience in building Microservices, specifically with HTTP, REST, JSON and XML.
- Experience with Relational or NoSQL database
- Experience in React or Advanced Java Script
- Experience in GIT, Maven, Jenkins, Bamboo or such build tools and automation tools like Chef
- Proven experience in delivering highly scalable and available production systems.
- Strong analytical, problem solving and communication/articulation skills.
- Experience with Agile methodologies and software development lifecycle principles
- Previous experience with financial services/payments processing experience a big plus
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.