Senior Cybersecurity Engineer
- Foster City, CA, USA
Visa operates the world's largest retail electronic payments network and is one of the most recognized global financial services brands. Visa facilitates global commerce through the transfer of value and information among financial institutions, merchants, consumers, businesses and government entities.
We offer a range of branded payment product platforms, which our financial institution clients use to develop and offer credit, charge, deferred debit, prepaid and cash access programs to cardholders. Visa's card platforms provide consumers, businesses, merchants and government entities with a secure, convenient and reliable way to pay and be paid in 170 countries and territories.
As a Sr. Cybersecurity Engineer, you will be working on leading edge Security Services, and introduce new security services, technologies, and technical solutions to secure Visa Application & infrastructure.
You will lead and implementation of Application Security Services and Solutions for large scale, always available, secure solutions that will have direct impact on securing Visa Application and Infrastructure.
You will, in many cases, interact with different stake holders, product development leads, architects, Cybersecurity operations, Risk and Compliance team external partners merchants, acquirers, banking and security service/solution providers,. You will propose new security innovative solutions, updates to existing solutions, negotiate alternative options, build technical and release roadmaps.
- Successfully lead the design, development, implementation of a critical and complex part of an Application Security Tools and Services. This includes building brand new systems, or enhancements, modifications to existing software. Implementing PoCs and comparing different technologies.
- Work closely with our internal and external partners, lead the technical low level design. Work with project team members (Chief Security Architects, Senior Developers, Application Security Engineers, Project Managers, etc.), and coordinate and lead interfaces with other groups from different domains.
- Have a passion for delivering very robust, object oriented, modularized, zero defect, high performant code and be responsible for making sure the team’s deliverables meet these expectations and timelines.
- Lead by example in producing high quality code with zero security vulnerabilities throughout the project SDLC.
- Work with architects, customers and team members to create, document and articulate a robust software design. Conduct code, design reviews, and ensure high quality.
- Comfortable working with teams from multiple domains and flexible in working on a wide variety of tasks spanning the full stack, Application Security, System Software and Security Analytics.
- Bachelor degree in a technical field such as computer science, computer engineering or related field required. MS or other related advanced degree preferred.
- Typically requires 3 - 5 years of experience in application services development for large-scale systems.
- Experience with web services standards and related technologies (HTTP, Spring, REST, JSON, JAX-RS, WS*, SOAP, XML, XSD).
- At least 3-4 years java programming experience.
- Experience with architecting and developing solutions for highly scalable, highly available systems.
- Experience and solid understanding of ORDB and NoSQL systems and technologies as Oracle, MySQL, Cassandra, Mongo DB.
- Experience developing micro-services and using containers as Docker, Kubernetes/Swarm, Apache Mesos, etc.
- Experience with middleware distributed and high performance systems as Kafka, Zookeeper, Spark, Storm, Akka, non-blocking IO, etc.
- Good understanding and usage of design patterns, modularity, dependency injection.
- In-depth knowledge of software development life cycle. Experience with Agile development methodologies, and with the realities of commercial software engineering.
- Ability to solve complex software development/design issues.
- Good analytic, design, coding / testing and documentation skills.
- Ability to understand systems from all levels, from the 'big picture' enterprise-level view to the low-level technical view.
- Ability to work in a complex organization to determine business and customer needs, providing the best solution to meet those needs.
- Candidate must be able to work independently and in a team environment
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.