Network Support Engineer (REF16565O)
As the world's leader in digital payments technology, Visa's mission is to connect the world through the most creative, reliable and secure payment network - enabling individuals, businesses, and economies to thrive. Our advanced global processing network, VisaNet, provides secure and reliable payments around the world, and is capable of handling more than 65,000 transaction messages a second. The company's dedication to innovation drives the rapid growth of connected commerce on any device, and fuels the dream of a cashless future for everyone, everywhere. As the world moves from analog to digital, Visa is applying our brand, products, people, network and scale to reshape the future of commerce.
At Visa, your individuality fits right in. Working here gives you an opportunity to impact the world, invest in your career growth, and be part of an inclusive and diverse workplace. We are a global team of disruptors, trailblazers, innovators and risk-takers who are helping drive economic growth in even the most remote parts of the world, creatively moving the industry forward, and doing meaningful work that brings financial literacy and digital commerce to millions of unbanked and underserved consumers.
You're an Individual. We're the team for you. Together, let's transform the way the world pays.
The global network operations team provides 2nd level support to manage the day to day operations for Visa Inc’s network. As a Network Support Engineer, your primary responsibility will be to support, manage, and implement improvements to Visa’s network based on ITIL change, incident and problem management process. This involves working with a 1st level and 2nd level global operations team with 24x7 follow-the-sun coverage. You will work closely with the Network Engineering, Network Tools, and Network Systems and Programs teams in supporting, managing and implementing improvements to Visa’s network and also with applications and systems teams to manage and troubleshoot network connectivity. This position is within Global Infrastructure Network Services (GINS) team, that architects, engineers and operates Visa’s global backbone, datacenter, and access networks. The GINS team is centered around hiring and developing diverse talents who are passionate about building and operating best-in-the-breed infrastructure through technology and innovation.
This is an individual contributor responsible for identifying and resolving issues of advanced complexity. This position is an intermediate professional level and requires sound execution and analytical abilities. This role works independently and receives minimal guidance.
• Troubleshoot and resolve complex 2nd level network related problems, coordinate resources where necessary and serve as escalation point to 1st level operational teams
• Respond to and resolve IP network issues within the timeframe of severity level agreements
• Deploy client solutions and network design implementations
• Support all aspects of the network management process assuring requests, implementation, and problems are delivered as required with no impact to the global communications environment
• Take initiative to proactively discover potential network impacts
• Participate in or lead problem resolution and root-cause analysis
• Participate in tasks related to change, incident and problem management
• Document, create and maintain operational run-books based from best practice and from knowledge/experience gained from day-to-day operations for continuous operational improvement.
• Conduct internal technical briefing/training for level1 and level2 network operations team
• Deploy and document changes in accordance with problem and change management process
• Participate in full implementation of projects and ensure documentation standards are adhered to. Complete the projects objectives within timelines.
• Communicate to both technical and non-technical audiences, resolution and root cause resulting from the outage or service interruption
• Perform most effective approach to restore, recover, or alter configurations, logical or physical, to maintain service integrity
• Perform weekends shift duties on rotational basis.
• Bachelor's degree in engineering, computer science or a related field is required. Post graduate degree a plus
• Minimum of 5 years' experience in network support/administration
• Professionally qualified or equivalent with related professional experience or equivalent combination of education and experience. CCNP is mandatory
• Have good technical problem determination ability, analytical skills, exceptional system implementation, installation, and disaster recovery planning and ongoing administration experience.
• Good working knowledge on routing protocols such as TCP/IP, MPLS, BGP, EIGRP & OSPF.
• Good working knowledge with network packet analysis using wireshark or similar tools.
• Working experience on Security and WAN/LAN technologies
• Good working knowledge in F5 LTM/GTM, Cisco Nexus switches, Arista switches, Cisco/Juniper routers and Riverbed WAN Optimizers
• Experience with Ansible and Python.
• Experience in using network tools like Solarwinds (creating/maintaining dashboards), Netbrain (creating/maintaining runbooks) and Netscout.
• Experience in an application hosting or data center environment
• Experience maintaining highly available and highly secure networks
• Good process orientation and ability to clarify objectives, evaluate options, consider implications, assess risks, and make key decisions
• Good interpersonal and facilitation skills along with effective communication (both written and verbal) skills
• Sound planning, organizational and problem solving skills
• ITIL certification preferred with good understanding of change, incident and problem management process
• Demonstrated ability to meet deadlines and commitments in an environment that requires multitasking among concurrent projects
• Willing to work as a team and share responsibilities where needed
• Ability to convey network concepts and issues to both technical and non-technical audiences