Sr. Software Engineer - DevOps
- Bengaluru, Karnataka, India
Visa operates the world's largest retail electronic payments network and is one of the most recognized global financial services brands. Visa facilitates global commerce through the transfer of value and information among financial institutions, merchants, consumers, businesses and government entities.
We offer a range of branded payment product platforms, which our financial institution clients use to develop and offer credit, charge, deferred debit, prepaid and cash access programs to cardholders. Visa's card platforms provide consumers, businesses, merchants and government entities with a secure, convenient and reliable way to pay and be paid in 170 countries and territories.
- Work on App Services Engineering(ASE) strategic efforts – working on all 3 layers of the stack related to infrastructure, middleware, and continuous integration and delivery frameworks.
- Provide third level technical support to technical teams within Visa to support the implementation of modifications and/or new solutions
- Support the implementation of new programs and subprograms, as well as enhancements, modifications, and corrections to existing software
- Troubleshoot and conduct root cause analysis to address routine to moderately complex reporting issues with accuracy or performance
- Work on creating test environments on physical and virtual platforms; troubleshooting OS and third party application issues; deploying, installing, configuring proprietary software; monitoring hardware usage and performance as it applies to the environments; and assisting in gathering of metrics to forecast future growth needs.
- Will operate as a technical expert on infrastructure projects pertaining to Containerization, systems management, design and architecture. Perform performance analysis and optimization, monitoring and problem resolution, upgrade planning and execution, and process creation and documentation.
- Responsible for analyzing workloads and application inventories to determine optimal utilization patterns. Analyze and work to ensure infrastructure technologies are adequately tested and integrated with other Infrastructure and Application Services. Build and manage development, test, integration, performance and stage environments.
- Define and evolve Build & Release best practice by working within teams and educating the other stakeholder teams. These best practices should support traceability & auditability of change.
- Ensure continuous availability of various tools supporting SCM & Release Management including Source Control, Continuous Integration, & Change Management.
- Work with cross-functional co-located teams in design, development and implementation of enterprise scalable features related to enabling higher developer productivity, environment monitoring and self-healing, and facilitate autonomous delivery teams.
Must have experiences:
- BE or equivalent
- 5+ years of hands on experience in software industry in infrastructure and Devops.
- Should have hands on and good understanding on DevOps tools and automation framework
- Responsible for provisioning and supporting engineering application/environment; focusing on faster provisioning, reliability and consistency.
- Knowledge on Source Control Tools such as GIT, Bitbucket
- Continuous Integration (CI) tools such as Jenkins
- Must be proficient in one or more scripting languages: Unix Shell, Perl, Python
- Working experience in cloud computing, Containerization, pipeline creation, Jenkins file
- Working knowledge of Chef & Docker highly preferred
- Experience on Enterprise High Availability Platforms
- Knowledge and experience with Linux OS
- Should have working experience with monitoring tools like Zabbix, OPNET, and/or SPLUNK, or any other monitoring tools/processes.
- Experience working in Agile environments
- Strong Automation and Problem solving skills and ability to follow through to completion
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.