Director, N.A. Innovation & Product
- New York, NY, USA
As the world’s leader in digital payments technology, Visa’s mission is to connect the world through the most creative, reliable and secure payment network - enabling individuals, businesses, and economies to thrive. Our advanced global processing network, VisaNet, provides secure and reliable payments around the world, and is capable of handling more than 65,000 transaction messages a second. The company’s dedication to innovation drives the rapid growth of connected commerce on any device, and fuels the dream of a cashless future for everyone, everywhere. As the world moves from analog to digital, Visa is applying our brand, products, people, network and scale to reshape the future of commerce.
At Visa, your individuality fits right in. Working here gives you an opportunity to impact the world, invest in your career growth, and be part of an inclusive and diverse workplace. We are a global team of disruptors, trailblazers, innovators and risk-takers who are helping drive economic growth in even the most remote parts of the world, creatively moving the industry forward, and doing meaningful work that brings financial literacy and digital commerce to millions of unbanked and underserved consumers.
You’re an Individual. We’re the team for you. Together, let’s transform the way the world pays.
Visa’s Innovation Network of Centers/Studios evangelize Visa’s global point of view on the future of commerce, design best in class customer-centric experiences, and develop new product solutions to drive industry innovation. We host clients from around the globe and across industries—from financial institutions and merchants to technology partners and government officials—immersing them in customer insights and emerging global trends. Our Centers also partner with ambitious clients and our Visa colleagues to explore, pilot, and commercialize cutting edge commerce solutions and experiences.
The Innovation Team exists to help our clients win in a competitive marketplace by making commerce and payment solutions that are smarter, faster, and safer for their customers. We are a team of creative optimists. Our team of product managers, designers, engineers, and thought leaders are passionate champions for customer experience.
The Director, N.A. Innovation & Product is responsible for effectively partnering with global account executives and leading successful client engagements (Fortune 500) that meet business objectives and drive Visa’s product and innovation agenda.
The position is based in New York City at the Visa NY Office.
- Deliver impactful, effective, and successful NY Innovation Studio client engagements articulating Visa’s innovation approach, customer insights, and payment landscape trends
- Facilitate Discovery sessions with senior client stakeholders leveraging Visa thought leadership and innovation narratives
- Lead in depth internal and external Co-Creation work streams resulting in client commitment to bringing solution to market (including creation of business tools, capabilities mapping, API and product considerations, systems flows, and more)
- Leverage product and design know-how to effectively partner with internal and external business, product, design, and technology leads for client engagements
- Partner across multidisciplinary team to drive unified delivery against the Innovation agenda and product initiatives
- Collaborate with peers at Visa’s other Innovation Centers to execute strategic projects and product initiatives
- Ensure tight alignment and coordination with Visa’s North America business goals
- Learn, maintain, and evolve Innovation Studio content library (narratives, videos, demos, presentations)
- Proactively and effectively manage engagements and initiatives from end to end (from intake to stakeholder management to final delivery)
- 9+ years professional experience including 3+ years of experience in payments and commerce
- Consulting experience working at the intersection of digital, commerce, digital customer experience, and product preferred
- Experience running and facilitating client engagements with cross functional internal and external teams
- Excellent communication skills and executive presence (public speaking, storytelling, presentation building)
- Experience working with Design Thinking, Human Centered Design, and/or other Innovation Methodologies
- Natural optimist and curious self-starter
- Passion for innovation, technology and the future of payments
- Collaborative approach to working with cross-functional teams
- Ability to manage and align a team of multiple stakeholders
- Comfort working within white space environments
- Strong organizational skills and attention to detail with the ability to prioritize and manage multiple projects
- Ability to learn and apply knowledge of product platforms, solutions, and services
- Experience working in startups and other entrepreneurial environments a plus
- Certifications such as Agile, Scrum, or other Project Management methodologies are a differentiator
- Bachelor’s Degree
Visa will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with EEOC guidelines and applicable local law.