Sr. Director, Head of Consulting Delivery - 12 months fixed term
- Sydney NSW, Australia
As the world's leader in digital payments technology, Visa's mission is to connect the world through the most creative, reliable and secure payment network - enabling individuals, businesses, and economies to thrive. Our advanced global processing network, VisaNet, provides secure and reliable payments around the world, and is capable of handling more than 65,000 transaction messages a second. The company's dedication to innovation drives the rapid growth of connected commerce on any device, and fuels the dream of a cashless future for everyone, everywhere. As the world moves from analog to digital, Visa is applying our brand, products, people, network and scale to reshape the future of commerce.
At Visa, your individuality fits right in. Working here gives you an opportunity to impact the world, invest in your career growth, and be part of an inclusive and diverse workplace. We are a global team of disruptors, trailblazers, innovators and risk-takers who are helping drive economic growth in even the most remote parts of the world, creatively moving the industry forward, and doing meaningful work that brings financial literacy and digital commerce to millions of unbanked and underserved consumers.
You're an Individual. We're the team for you. Together, let's transform the way the world pays.
The Senior Director, Visa Consulting & Analytics (VCA) will be responsible for the delivery of impactful, data-driven consulting & analytics projects across Australia, New Zealand and South Pacific. These engagements help our issuing, acquiring and merchant clients drive the growth and improved profitability of their payments businesses. The Senior Director will work closely with VCA colleagues in Australia, New Zealand and across the Asia Pacific region. This role reports to the Head of Visa Consulting & Analytics for Australia, New Zealand and South Pacific and is a 12 month fixed term role.
- Consulting Expertise. To apply deep experience in management consulting principles to Visa Consulting engagements delivered by the Australia and New Zealand. Oversee and support the implement of established consulting methods that will best resolve client challenges. Implement a systematic approach to track consulting engagement and pipeline management. Responsible for to ensure client satisfaction for internal Visa Consulting engagements.
- Project Execution. Lead team, and where appropriate participate, in designing consulting solutions to client requirements, striving for innovative and efficient approaches. Develop frameworks and approaches that enable clients to address opportunities and tackle challenges. Encourage team to tap into Visa knowledge, best practices, benchmark data, research both primary and secondary, and analysis of client and industry situation. Ensure appropriate project closure.
- Industry Thought Leadership. Identify and develop capability that broadens Visa’s expertise in across payments, digital, regulatory and financial services. Develop insights to build VCA’s profile with clients and across the industry in Australia, New Zealand and the South Pacific.
- Collaboration. Foster partnership with leaders of other functional areas, ensuring alignment of opportunities and recommendations. Provide subject matter expertise to support knowledge transfer to the wider Visa Consulting & Analytics function regionally & globally, in addition to the wider Visa team.
- Minimum 10 years’ experience in retail banking with the majority of that time in cards and payments and/or closely related industries
- Experience in several key issuer business areas, such as portfolio management, marketing, product management, operations, risk management, for both credit and debit cards
- Strong understanding of card issuers’ P&L and critical factors in driving performance & profitability
- Deep experience in consulting, corporate strategy, or business management
- Deep experience in managing complex projects
- Superior analytical and problem solving skills, with demonstrated intellectual and analytical rigor
- Excellent detail orientation, ensuring the highest level of quality/rigor in reports and data analysis
- Excellent presentation skills, including strong oral and written capabilities
- Self-motivated, results-oriented individual with the ability to progress multiple priorities concurrently
- Strong commercial acumen, with experience in working on business/value cases that prove ROI
- Proven Leadership skills, including: Leading by Example, Open Communication, ability to Enable & Inspire, evidence of Excelling with Partners, ability to Act Decisively and high level Collaboration skills
- Critical elements of consulting toolkit:
- problem identification & crystallization applying strategy, analysis & creativity
- hypothesis generation to enable data-driven problem solving
- robust & rigorous project management capabilities
- superior communication skills, including ability to structure & deliver executive level storylines
- relationship management capability, including ability to effectively influence and negotiate with senior executives internally & externally
- An understanding of statistical analysis, modeling, scoring schemes, etc. and the power of analytics to inform and drive both strategy and execution
- Entrepreneurial & commercially minded, ability to lead a growing business & achieve strong results
- Strong academic credentials, with relevant undergraduate degree and MBA or graduate degree preferred
- Global mindset, desire and demonstrated ability to work cross-culturally and in a matrix organization
- Willingness to travel, up to 30%
At Visa, your individuality fits right in and we embrace inclusion and diversity of thought. We are committed to creating the kind of workplace where you want to be and we can facilitate a range of flexible working arrangements for you.