- Bengaluru, Karnataka, India
As the world's leader in digital payments technology, Visa's mission is to connect the world through the most creative, reliable and secure payment network - enabling individuals, businesses, and economies to thrive. Our advanced global processing network, VisaNet, provides secure and reliable payments around the world, and is capable of handling more than 65,000 transaction messages a second. The company's dedication to innovation drives the rapid growth of connected commerce on any device, and fuels the dream of a cashless future for everyone, everywhere. As the world moves from analog to digital, Visa is applying our brand, products, people, network and scale to reshape the future of commerce.
At Visa, your individuality fits right in. Working here gives you an opportunity to impact the world, invest in your career growth, and be part of an inclusive and diverse workplace. We are a global team of disruptors, trailblazers, innovators and risk-takers who are helping drive economic growth in even the most remote parts of the world, creatively moving the industry forward, and doing meaningful work that brings financial literacy and digital commerce to millions of unbanked and underserved consumers.
You're an Individual. We're the team for you. Together, let's transform the way the world pays.
Digital & Mobile Products at Visa is looking for a passionate senior leader to advance Visa’s Payment Digitization Platform. This Individual will be leading a talented Engineering team, applying your expertise to formulate solutions for difficult problems to implement and scale our Digitization strategy.
Reporting to the Senior Director Engineering, the Director in India will be fully accountable for engineering functions of Visa Token Services in Bangalore and will be responsible all functions of Engineering including Development, Tools and QA. S/he will closely work with teams in other locations for developing and executing projects and programs within a shared strategic vision for a mission-critical high-volume low-latency platform that enables Visa Payments.
- Be accountable for implementing highly scalable, low-latency, high-throughput systems that have five 9 availability.
- Develop and nurture the India center by motivating and mentoring staff, hire critical talent and develop autonomous portfolio.
- Create an outstanding engineering culture of creativity and innovation embodying whatever it takes attitude with ownership and pride in work.
- Lead and provide mentoring, coaching and guidance to talented technologists. Develop strategic, mature, whole-function managers.
- Work collaboratively across team boundaries to share common infrastructure and functional capabilities. Drive productivity through engineering fundamentals, framework and best practices.
- Consult on a regular basis with leadership to align expectations and deliverables. Be aggressive and leverage resources to the fullest to work on multiple parallel initiatives and solutions.
- Extensive cross-organization collaboration playing a crucial role in interfacing with various technology teams and business stakeholders to identify requirements, prioritize, and drive execution using agile methodologies. Provide feedback to core product teams to influence roadmap and strategy.
- Prior experience must include leadership for mission-critical system applications supporting high transaction systems.
- Must have demonstrated experience in building systems software preferably in domains that require high through-put and low-latency.
- Must be high impact executive with a technology background and the ability to engage in high bandwidth conversations with executives.
- Team player and passionate for building a culture of innovation and flawless execution.
- Must have demonstrated success in onshore-offshore organizational transformations along dimensions such as deep partnerships and agile collaboration with business, fostering a culture that encourages innovation and an enterprise agile product development process across borders.
- Demonstrated ability to lead, recruit, grow and retain high-caliber talent at scale. Experienced organizing, running, supporting, and growing large technology organization.
- Professional experience in ideation and incubation, which has led to shipping and supporting products in Production.
- Must demonstrate longer-term strategic thinking and staying ahead of state-of-the-art curve in order to keep abreast with what’s possible technically, operationally and professionally.
- Capable of forming and advocating independent viewpoint. Demonstrate strong skills influencing, negotiating and communicating.
12+ year track record of relevant work experience and a Computer Science or related technical discipline is required. Master’s degree is a plus.
Technical Expertise Requirements:
Very thorough understanding of Container based architecture for Cloud such as Docker
Should have experience in building and establishing elastic scalability architectural patterns for web applications, including omni-channel applications
Sound experience and understanding of Micro services oriented architecture
Strong understanding and working experience in Distributed Web Architecture – should have experience with Service registry, container architecture, distributed caching, streaming apps, NoSQL and RDBMS, reactive programming frameworks etc.
Sound understanding of Service and IT operations management, and DevOps model, good knowledge of Deployment, Capacity Planning
Strong understanding of Enterprise Integration using web services, REST
Understand the Security requirements and standards, and contemporary trends in Security risks as well as technologies
Should have experience in leading the end-to-end delivery of at least major cloud platform feature
Nice to Have:
Domain experience in Payment technologies
Experience with Mobile computing and Mobile payment solutions
Experience with Open stack UI development
Experience in Data Analytics and tools such as Hadoop, Spark etc.
Bachelors/Masters degree or equivalent with at least 12+ years of product development experience
Experience in commercial software development on Unix/Linux environment.
5+ years in a technical leadership role
Hands-on understanding of architecture and operations of highly available and scalable web services.
Experience with agile development process
Desired experience in instrumenting web applications for performance benchmarking
Please include your relevant GPA when submitting your resume
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.