Director, Digital Partnership
Common Purpose, Uncommon Opportunity
Everyone at Visa works with one goal in mind – making sure that Visa is the best way to pay and be paid, for everyone everywhere. This is our global vision and the common purpose that unites the entire Visa team. As a global payments technology company, tech is at the heart of what we do: Our VisaNet network processes over 13,000 transactions per second for people and businesses around the world, enabling them to use digital currency instead of cash and checks. We are also global advocates for financial inclusion, working with partners around the world to help those who lack access to financial services join the global economy. Visa’s sponsorships, including the Olympics and FIFA™ World Cup, celebrate teamwork, diversity, and excellence throughout the world. If you have a passion to make a difference in the lives of people around the world, Visa
offers an uncommon opportunity to build a strong, thriving career. Visa is fueled by our team of talented employees who continuously raise the bar on delivering the convenience and security of digital currency to people all over the world. Join our team and find out how Visa is everywhere you want to be.
Visa’s Digital Partnerships and Ventures Team is a client facing organization that sets Visa’s public digital narrative, develops commercial partnerships with industry leading brands and platform providers and manages the ongoing engagement with large and small Fintech players across the region. Digital Partnerships is responsible for developing business development capabilities across regional offices, ensuring that teams have the sales narrative, tools, packaged programs and deal support required to ensure Visa are the partner of choice for all Fintechs.
Global Digital Partnerships is responsible for identifying, structuring, closing and managing major strategic partnerships, alliances and commercial deals. Digital Partnerships works closely with Visa’s Core Product and Solutions teams to oversee transactions that are typically highly complex, strategic and cross-functional in nature.
The Director Strategic Partnerships position requires an experienced business development professional and sector expert capable of developing and managing Visa’s key strategic relationships and related programs with major commerce ecosystems in the Asia Pacific region. The role has a number of primary leadership responsibilities:
1. Engaging with the largest Digital Partners in AP with Pan-AP and inter-regional expansion plans
2. Managing the rollout of global partners into Asia Pacific
3. Developing scalable programs that deliver to needs of various stakeholders in value chain
4. Developing capabilities in country teams, including digital narrative, sales tools & deal structures
5. Numerate and be able to build strong commercial partnership models
The position will require a structured and programmatic approach to building and broadening relationships with key players and developing in-country business development and account management capabilities.
The Digital Partnerships and Ventures team works closely with Visa’s Core Product and Digital Solutions teams as well as other stakeholders such as Processing, CyberSource, Risk, Finance, Marketing, etc. teams to execute partnership agreements and deliverables that are typically highly complex, strategic and cross-functional in nature.
• Build and lead the relevant account management team
• Bring a structured and programmatic approach to partner business development and relationship management
• Identify partners that will help Visa bring valuable thought leadership and “the future of” insights to our clients
• Build and lead the execution and management of a deal portfolio projected to exceed $100 million
• Manage the Executive Leadership relationships within the sectors
• Manage the Executive Leadership within Visa in achieving the sectors objectives
• Develop and manage the budget and/or P&L related to the sectors
• Lead the program delivery related to the sectors (e.g. pricing, specification, and implementation of new programs)
• Take the lead in solving the problems that arise during the execution of programs with partners
• Develop and deliver the Commerce Ecosystem Sector strategy and objectives in the AP region
• Proactively identify and solve complex problems that impact the management, relationship and direction of the business
• Lead the development of proposals by working with various internal stakeholders and negotiate contractual relationships with strategic partners
• Continuously review client and market landscape and recommend, develop, and implement new and creative approaches that ensures that the client’s business objectives are met as well as grow the Visa business
• Support the Strategic Partnerships and Innovation executive team in developing the overall group strategy
• BA or other advanced degree
• 15+ years relevant industry experience with a minimum of 10+ years of progressive experience in the sector, with related business development or strategy consulting roles
• Outstanding executive communications skills as a spokesperson for Innovation & Strategic Partnerships within Visa and across the industry
• Strategic, analytical thinker who consistently challenges the status quo and constructively challenges the team to aim for higher ground; change agent
• Vision and passion for our business, with high energy and intelligence
• Personal commitment to Strategic Partnerships discipline and best practices
• Structured in your approach, with a high attention to detail and quality on both internal team work and external products brought to market
• Hands-on, entrepreneurial and nimble, while also able to navigate a globally matrixed environment
• Multi-national experience preferred
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.