Senior Administrative Assistant
- Foster City, CA, USA
Common Purpose, Uncommon Opportunity. Everyone at Visa works with one goal in mind – making sure that Visa is the best way to pay and be paid, for everyone everywhere. This is our global vision
and the common purpose that unites the entire Visa team. As a global payments technology company, tech is at the heart of what we do. CyberSource, a Visa company, has been and continues to be
a pioneer within the e-Commerce Payment Management world. Our VisaNet network is capable of handling over 65,000 transaction messages per second for people and businesses around the world, enabling them to use digital currency instead of cash and checks.
We are also global advocates for financial inclusion, working with partners around the world to help those who lack access to financial services join the global economy. Visa’s sponsorships, including the Olympics and FIFA™ World Cup, celebrate teamwork, diversity, and excellence throughout the world. If you have a passion to make a difference in the lives of people around the world, Visa offers an uncommon opportunity to
build a strong, thriving career. Visa is fueled by our team of talented employees who continuously raise the bar on delivering the convenience and security of digital currency to people all over the world. Join our team and
find out how Visa is everywhere you want to be
This is an individual contributor role with a primary focus on team support and ownership and execution of specific tasks. It is at a developing professional level and receives a moderate level of guidance and supervision. The ideal candidate will provide day-to-day operational support to two or more Vice Presidents, located in Palo Alto / Foster City and their teams. Candidate will also undertake various office management duties for the department in a fast-paced, dynamic environment. These include:
• Calendar Management: Assist in the management of the executives’ calendars, scheduling meetings and conference calls and arranging travel
• Expense Management: Process expense reports on behalf of the executives and their teams.
• Activity Reporting: Create and maintain weekly/monthly/quarterly department reports that document team activities for company executives.
• Document Maintenance: Maintain communications process documentation, distribution lists, asset library and message archives.
• Events Support: Participate in the planning and execution of department meetings and employee engagement events. Provide assistance with meeting agenda and presentation, offsite meeting venue and arranging team activity
• Meeting Coordination: Handle room bookings, AV needs, catering and logistics
• Liaison: Communicate with a broad range of Visa professionals on behalf of the department.
• Budget Reporting & Coordination: Create and maintain a monthly budget summary to track planned and actual expenditures.
This is an exciting opportunity for a candidate who is motivated, hardworking, articulate and able to work autonomously. Candidate should be highly organized detail oriented and deadline driven.
As the teams are in two locations, this position will be split between the Palo Alto and Foster City offices. A basic schedule will be determined, but the candidate should be flexible depending on business fluctuations.
Associates or Bachelors Degree (Business Administration or Technology major is a plus)
3+ years of relevant experience required. Some experience within a Technology organization in a global company preferred.
Exemplary verbal and written communication, problem solving, and collaboration skills
Experience in planning events and knowledge of local event venues is preferred
Must be reliable, consistent and punctual with a high level of professionalism
Confidential and trustworthy – must use good judgment and discretion as needed
Be resourceful, creative and excited to meet new people, learn new tools, and raise the bar on performance and quality every day
Proficiency in the use of Microsoft tools (Outlook, Word, Excel, PowerPoint, SharePoint)
Visa will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with EEOC guidelines and applicable local law.