Senior Financial Analyst
As the world’s leader in digital payments technology, Visa’s mission is to connect the world through the most creative, reliable and secure payment network - enabling individuals, businesses, and economies to thrive. Our advanced global processing network, VisaNet, provides secure and reliable payments around the world, and is capable of handling more than 65,000 transaction messages a second. The company’s dedication to innovation drives the rapid growth of connected commerce on any device, and fuels the dream of a cashless future for everyone, everywhere. As the world moves from analog to digital, Visa is applying our brand, products, people, network and scale to reshape the future of commerce.
At Visa, your individuality fits right in. Working here gives you an opportunity to impact the world, invest in your career growth, and be part of an inclusive and diverse workplace. We are a global team of disruptors, trailblazers, innovators and risk-takers who are helping drive economic growth in even the most remote parts of the world, creatively moving the industry forward, and doing meaningful work that brings financial literacy and digital commerce to millions of unbanked and underserved consumers.
You’re an Individual. We’re the team for you. Together, let’s transform the way the world pays.
This role reports to the Senior Director, Regional Hub and SEA Operations Support, to maintain activities and processes that allow the business to run effectively and efficiently by focusing on:
• Supporting the BUs with their respective business opportunities in providing commercial advice and of relevant policies and procedures.
• Implementing a continuously improving controls and process framework that complies with Visa policy and procedures.
• Develop remediation plans to address identified issues impacting the controls and processes environment.
- Provide consultative support to assist the Regional Hub and SEA BUs in supporting business opportunities to achieve a positive outcome and ensuring compliance to policies and procedures.
- Provide commercial advisory to the BUs and be seen as a “go to” subject matter expert on policies and procedures.
- Represent the voice of the BUs to ensure the needs of the business are represented in developing and delivering effective controls, processes and procedures.
- Partner with Compliance, Legal and Sourcing to implement and adhere to business procedures to ensure robust controls are in place
- Ensure consistency in AP wide approach to delivering guidelines to executing business in accordance to policies and procedures, and reviewing proposed policy exceptions, include but not limited to the following:
o Assist BUs to fulfil Sourcing tasks such as raising Visa Supplier Manager (VSM), Purchase Requisition, Supplier or Non-supplier set-up in Oracle and work with Sourcing team to onboard approved Value-In-Kind (VIK) vendors
o Review and approve VIK requests, contracts and associated purchase requisitions and escalate non-compliance issues to Financial Internal Controls’ team
o Assist BUs in reviewing contracts to ensure the business intent and commercial terms are clearly stated
o Facilitate prepayment approval requests, prevent unnecessary upfront payments to suppliers and track approved prepayments
o Ensure proper account coding, especially in terms of Contra Revenue-versus-Opex account classification
o Review supporting documents for Receiving perform Receiving for BUs
o Ensure QBe is updated so that each stage or tranche of every transaction is monitored and executed perfectly without violation to Visa’s policies and procedures
o Review progress and closure reports to ensure transactions are properly closed and post campaign evaluation completed satisfactorily, with Visa’s obligations fully discharged and Business Partners’ obligations fully delivered
o Provide oversight to ensure BUs are properly managing gifts, donations or corporate events in accordance with policy and procedures; ensures strong inventory tracking and management for gifts/goods
o Review and opine on business transactions requiring policy exception working with the respective stakeholders and policy owners
- Support the Regional Hub and SEA Controls Committee that meets regularly to align on supporting the BUs effectively, and review complex &/or high risk transactions.
- Perform root cause analysis and drive corrective action of exceptions identified by key controls stakeholders.
- Develop metrics reporting and analytics of implemented processes that measure risk and support continuous business improvement activities.
- Develop and maintain procedures and standard processes to assess, report, and remediate operational risk and compliance-related issues; provides regular self-assessment reporting to Functional team leads.
- Provide recommendations to Regional Hub and SEA Operations Support team and BUs on creating a strong compliance culture.
• Prior work experience in business operations, compliance, audit, or risk with focus on operational controls
• 8-12 years of business experience including supporting senior leadership
• Strong Audit, business controls, compliance & risk function experience desired
• Experience in financial services or payments industry preferred
• Bachelor's degree in a business discipline, with higher degree qualifications preferred.
• Good finance and accounting knowledge
• Knowledge of card and payments industry preferred
• Excellent Microsoft Excel and Access working knowledge
• Experience or qualifications in business improvement methodologies such as six sigma an advantage
• Strong problem solving skills, with demonstrated ability to identify and resolve issues and risks, including root cause analysis
• Ability to anticipate and identify opportunities to establish standards and controls, as well as develop and recommend solutions
• Experience in creating, implementing and training on policies, procedures and guidelines
• Ability to work effectively in a matrix management structure, that is diverse, international with a multi-cultural environment
• Strong communication, interpersonal and influencing skills and ability to drive effective change at all levels of the organization
• Detailed, conscientious and highly responsible team player
• Superior business English, both oral and written is essential