South Cone Digital Products Director
- Buenos Aires, Argentina
As the world's leader in digital payments technology, Visa's mission is to connect the world through the most creative, reliable and secure payment network - enabling individuals, businesses, and economies to thrive. Our advanced global processing network, VisaNet, provides secure and reliable payments around the world, and is capable of handling more than 65,000 transaction messages a second. The company's dedication to innovation drives the rapid growth of connected commerce on any device, and fuels the dream of a cashless future for everyone, everywhere. As the world moves from analog to digital, Visa is applying our brand, products, people, network and scale to reshape the future of commerce.
At Visa, your individuality fits right in. Working here gives you an opportunity to impact the world, invest in your career growth, and be part of an inclusive and diverse workplace. We are a global team of disruptors, trailblazers, innovators and risk-takers who are helping drive economic growth in even the most remote parts of the world, creatively moving the industry forward, and doing meaningful work that brings financial literacy and digital commerce to millions of unbanked and underserved consumers.
You're an Individual. We're the team for you. Together, let's transform the way the world pays.
This position will be responsible for the execution of the Digital Products Strategy in the market. This position will work closely with the local product team and expert regional product teams across Visa to successfully deploy, launch and commercialize the digital products in the local markets. The role requires a broad range of skills – knowledge of digital payment technologies, payments in general, and strong interpersonal skills. Transformation to frictionless payments aiming for a better user experience, more usage acceptance and cash payments replacement is the vision. Will have to interact with the different teams within the company like Marketing, Sales, Operations, CSS, etc. The main products- topics the position will cover are
VTS (Visa Token Service) and tokenization. Will manage Wallets, eCommerce, COF and any other applicable IOT use cases roll-out. This technology will enable the possibility to use unique payment credentials from any device in a secure way not depending anymore on a POS terminal or plastic cards for doing payments.
Visa Direct. Will work on the development, deployment and launch of P2P and P2M programs and solutions using the Visa network and technology capabilities for new origination programs. Immediate payments and new payment ways is the vision on this topic.
Contactless: Support and lead the migration to contactless cards and contactless transactions and its deployment, development and acceptance in the market
Provide project status reports. Oversee scope to ensure achieved commitments within agreed on time, cost, and quality parameters.
Represent the project in various project update meetings and be part of the clients meeting to guide them during the process. Responsible for early identification of issues, determining potential resolutions, communicating status, tracking and resolving them in a timely manner.
The position will include providing digital enablement and implementation support.
- Key contributor in Southern Cone Digital Transformation team, the position will drive:
- Support implementation efforts for Visa Token Service and related use cases in-app payments for third party wallets, issuer wallets, Card on File (COF), QR Codes, etc.
- Secondarily support digital enablement across a number of technologies: EMV chip, Contactless, Authentication services including 3D Secure, Toll Payments, Transit, New Form Factors, etc.
- Coordinate follow-up to proof of concept projects and pilots in order to document lessons learned and feedback results into the development process in line with Visa’s Methodology.
- Coordinate work across Visa’s internal teams such as Product, Merchants Sales, Marketing, Design, Sales, Operations, CSS, and Legal to manage market deployments
- Identify current market technology trends relevant to the development of new digital platforms and gain knowledge on selected technologies, in order to develop, communicate, and implement business solutions aligned with global and regional strategy.
- Translate technology knowledge on relevant technologies into technical requirements to be used for the development of specifications for business solutions, products or services for subsequent development and market testing.
- Technical Liaison with external technical providers, vendors and Token Service Provider (TSP) partners and internal Operations and Systems departments, technical requirements preparation.
- Develop knowledge transfer and training programs for Clients and Business Development teams including educational materials and evaluation exercises. Assure that product information is updated in all channels and for all audiences.
- Work with providers/suppliers to originate solutions that optimize product functionality, pricing and competitive advantage and implementation support materials.
- Prepare and facilitate a comprehensive post implementation review, and lessons learned after major installations
Bachelor Degree in Computer Science or Engineering (Industrial, Systems, Computing, Electrical or Telecommunications) or related field
Years Experience: 10+
- Experience in Chip and Contactless technologies
- Knowledge of Digital Payments
- Visa and financial/payment industry knowledge
- Technical background and hands-on experience
- Product Development or Project Management experience
- Proficiency in Spanish and English (spoken and written)
- EMV Tokenization standard
- Excellent communication skills, including verbal, written and presentation necessary
- Project management in high-tech industry or consulting services
- Experience handling service provider relationships
- Experience incorporating technology into real business applications
- Experience preparing comprehensive competitive analysis
- Experience in product development
- Experience in a range of functions including strategy, marketing
Visa will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with EEOC guidelines and applicable local law.