Director, Enterprise Risk Operations Location: Foster City, San Francisco, or New York
- Foster City, CA, USA
As the world’s leader in digital payments technology, Visa’s mission is to connect the world through the most creative, reliable and secure payment network - enabling individuals, businesses, and economies to thrive. Our advanced global processing network, VisaNet, provides secure and reliable payments around the world, and is capable of handling more than 65,000 transaction messages a second. The company’s dedication to innovation drives the rapid growth of connected commerce on any device, and fuels the dream of a cashless future for everyone, everywhere. As the world moves from analog to digital, Visa is applying our brand, products, people, network and scale to reshape the future of commerce.
At Visa, your individuality fits right in. Working here gives you an opportunity to impact the world, invest in your career growth, and be part of an inclusive and diverse workplace. We are a global team of disruptors, trailblazers, innovators and risk-takers who are helping drive economic growth in even the most remote parts of the world, creatively moving the industry forward, and doing meaningful work that brings financial literacy and digital commerce to millions of unbanked and underserved consumers.
You’re an Individual. We’re the team for you. Together, let’s transform the way the world pays.
The Enterprise Risk Management (ERM) team at Visa helps to identify, assess and prepare for any risks that may interfere with Visa’s objectives and operations. The Director, Enterprise Risk Operations will be responsible for developing & operationalizing policies, procedures, and standards with business partners to deliver a comprehensive risk management framework aligned to Visa’s risk appetite
The successful candidate must have:
• Advanced knowledge of ERM and traditional risk management and its relationship within a large organization
• Understanding of the “three lines of defense” concept and its real life application within an entity
• Demonstrated capability to apply risk management concepts, analysis, and support to strategic decision-making processes
• Experience assessing and articulating risks in complex businesses environments
• Demonstrated experience in creating operational roadmap for all ERM output (Risk Frameworks, Risk Appetite, and Standards) – critical to protecting enterprise
• Experience with risk identification, assessment, and mitigation of material risks, while assisting risk owners (1st line of defense) with development of controls and mitigation plans
• Business/financial acumen, translating risks into quantitative business impact
• Strong organizational skills with proven ability to collaborate in a global, matrix environment
• Understanding and application of popular risk management frameworks including COSO
Candidate will be responsible for:
• Leading the development and operationalizing of the Company’s Enterprise Risk Management program
• Researching and recommending ERM best practices, tools, and methodologies to improve the understanding and communication of risk
• Supporting the development, maintenance and implementation of the Enterprise Risk Management Policy and Risk Appetite Framework
• Assisting in continuous training for a “risk champions network” to develop and mature a culture of risk awareness and proactive risk identification of risk, globally
• Working directly with various functional teams to identify and report potential risks and opportunities that exist within the Company’s operating environment
• Where applicable, working with Corporate and Business Functions to develop and enhance risk mitigation plans
• Conducting Risk Appetite Statement renewal process working with all lines of defense
• Supporting ERM team to execute against the framework and roadmap for the development of risk capabilities, prioritization and reporting
• Performing periodic updates of policy, framework and standards, as it relates to the Visa Enterprise Risk Management program.
• Developing analytical reporting for risk assessments to identify and communicate risk profile changes
• Assisting in facilitating risk management workshops for 1st and 2nd line functions, managing and maintaining various procedures, documentation, and assessment plans
• Bachelor’s Degree in Finance, Accounting, Mathematics, Statistics, or Business field preferred.
• 8+ years of relevant Risk experience (credit risk, enterprise risk, operational risk etc.), including financial services
• Excellent communication skills: verbal and written
• Experience analyzing operational, regulatory, legal, fraud, reputation, compliance, strategic, technology and/or transaction risks
• Experience in ERM policy development, assessments, mitigation activity, controls implementation, monitoring and reporting
• Payments industry experience
• Proficiency in MS Word, Excel, Access, PowerPoint
Visa will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of Article 49 of the San Francisco Police Code.
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.