Director, Enterprise Risk Management, Global Risk Partner Location: Foster City, San Francisco, or New York
- Foster City, CA, USA
As the world’s leader in digital payments technology, Visa’s mission is to connect the world through the most creative, reliable and secure payment network - enabling individuals, businesses, and economies to thrive. Our advanced global processing network, VisaNet, provides secure and reliable payments around the world, and is capable of handling more than 65,000 transaction messages a second. The company’s dedication to innovation drives the rapid growth of connected commerce on any device, and fuels the dream of a cashless future for everyone, everywhere. As the world moves from analog to digital, Visa is applying our brand, products, people, network and scale to reshape the future of commerce.
At Visa, your individuality fits right in. Working here gives you an opportunity to impact the world, invest in your career growth, and be part of an inclusive and diverse workplace. We are a global team of disruptors, trailblazers, innovators and risk-takers who are helping drive economic growth in even the most remote parts of the world, creatively moving the industry forward, and doing meaningful work that brings financial literacy and digital commerce to millions of unbanked and underserved consumers.
You’re an Individual. We’re the team for you. Together, let’s transform the way the world pays.
The Enterprise Risk Management (ERM) team at Visa helps to identify, assess and prepare for any risks that may interfere with Visa’s objectives and operations. The Director, Global Risk Partner will provide support to regional risk teams & provide effective 2nd line challenge to the Global Corporate Functions (Finance/HR/Marketing) to execute on risk identification, assessment, and the development of risk mitigation plans consistent with Visa Enterprise Risk Management Framework/Appetite. Successful candidate must develop domain in key Corporate Functions to identify potential events/risks that may negatively impact the greater Enterprise.
The successful candidate must have:
• Proven experience in performing risk assessments, including assessing risks specific to core business (Marketing, Strategy) and corporate functions (Finance, Treasury, HR)
• Risk, business, and financial expertise to effectively challenge functional partners (Finance, HR, Marketing, Strategy, etc.) to identify, manage and mitigate risks impacting the Enterprise
• Collaborative personality, with proven experience managing deliverables across global and local teams
• Demonstrated analytical, process and problem solving skills…ability to be both strategic and tactical
• Proven ability to accomplish results and exercise influence in a large, global, matrix organization
• Business acumen to grasp the “big picture” of the organization with proper awareness of risk decisions and risk interdependencies impacting Company objectives
• Understanding of the payments industry, payment products/services, and wider competitive landscape
Candidate will be responsible for:
• Identifying risks in key business activities & functions and providing effective, constructive challenge to proposed risk control/mitigation strategies, as developed by 1st line of defense
• Analyzing complex problems that include interrelationships and dependencies in order to identify common themes and propose best in class risk mitigation solutions
• Collaborating with x-functional subject matter experts to identify headwinds and tailwinds & determining implications to core functions (ie. increased regulatory requirements, etc.)
• Partnering with regional risk, business and functional teams to identify emerging & regional risks, propose best practice mitigating factors & monitor the ongoing threats/effectiveness of mitigants
• Monitoring the effectiveness of risk mitigation recommendations/activities (back-testing) to ensure current mitigating measures are effective in protecting the Enterprise
• Constantly monitoring the external environment and marketplace for events that can have an impact on risk profile
• Championing risk culture by establishing & cultivating risk partnerships with 1st line of defense, educating & infusing Risk Management culture into organization
• Bachelor’s Degree in Finance, Accounting, Mathematics, Statistics, or Business field preferred.
• 8+ years of relevant Risk experience (credit risk, enterprise risk, operational risk etc), including financial services
• Deep Financial acumen, underwriting, credit risk, financial analysis skills, plus understanding and application of popular risk management frameworks including COSO
• Excellent interpersonal, presentation, communication and facilitation skills, plus ability to work independently and effectively in a continually changing environment
• Clear thinker with strong technical and data analysis skills, plus solid business acumen, management, and problem-solving skills,
• Proven ability to develop strong relationships and work with all organizational levels
• Advanced knowledge, skill and understanding in applying risk management practices specifically as it relates to ERM (assessment, scoring, tolerance, mitigation/management)
• Proficiency in MS Word, Excel, Access, PowerPoint
• Commercial, front end, client facing experience, & understanding of Payments industry and Visa Products and Services
Visa will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of Article 49 of the San Francisco Police Code.
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.