Director, Data Operations and Analytics
- Palo Alto, CA, USA
Visa operates the world's largest retail electronic payments network and is one of the most recognized global financial services brands. Visa facilitates global commerce through the transfer of value and information among financial institutions, merchants, consumers, businesses and government entities.
We offer a range of branded payment product platforms, which our financial institution clients use to develop and offer credit, charge, deferred debit, prepaid and cash access programs to cardholders. Visa's card platforms provide consumers, businesses, merchants and government entities with a secure, convenient and reliable way to pay and be paid in 170 countries and territories.
We're looking for an experienced manager to spearhead data operations, analytics and reporting for Global Loyalty. Given a set of project requirements, you should be able to implement data mining and visualization techniques, as well as provide statistical analysis and post-campaign analysis for targeted marketing campaigns. You'll also be responsible for data integration among diverse data resources. In general, you are able to provide sound methods and identify key results to support strategic decisions. Ideally, you have fantastic communication skills, and you can work effectively and efficiently with everyone from fellow analysts to business partners.
- Develop and implement business-application-based datamarts, data collection systems, data analytics, data sanitizing and other strategies that optimize statistical efficiency and quality for business processes
- With your team, develop prototypes of predictive models along with robust reporting and scale it to support our clients
- Develop agile stories for the engineering and product organizations to handoff modeling and reporting to create a managed service
- Implement marketing campaign analysis including pre-campaign audience targeting, in-campaign performance monitoring, and post-campaign analysis
- Acquire and integrate data from multiple data sources
- Identify, analyze and interpret trends and patterns for large complex datasets using statistical techniques
- Manage a growing team of data analysts, and collaborate actively with the Visa Data Science team, Loyalty product managers and engineers, and Loyalty regional business leads
- Work with management to prioritize business and analytics needs
- Explore and define new process improvement opportunities
- Present ongoing reports and findings to management and business partners
- Competitive salary, comprehensive medical benefits, and 401(k) matching
- Free meals, snacks, beverages, and on-site fitness classes
- Friendly and collaborative open office environment
- Visa stock purchase plan
- Ping-pong, hackathons, rooftop happy hours, and team-building offsites
- Offices in downtown San Francisco (close to BART), Foster City and Palo Alto (close to Caltrain)
- BS or MS in Statistics, Mathematics, Computer Science, Economics, Engineering, or other related field
- 5-7 years experience in data analytics (marketing analytics preferred) and experience managing a team
- Strong leadership, persuasion and teamwork skills. Must be a coach/player - can lead a team and roll up his/her sleeves.
- Excellent communication skills: ability to translate robust analytics and metrics into simple to understand takeaways, and comfort creating presenting findings to management and business partners
- Ability to develop and maintain effective relationships with key product partners
- Strengths in meeting objectives through influence, facilitation and team building
- Strategic planning expertise, the ability to lead change, and the dream to operate effectively within a dynamic organization
- Strong analytical skills with ability to collect, organize, analyze significant amounts of information and massive datasets (expertise in SQL, Hive/Hadoop, etc.)
- Experienced in data visualization using Tableau and/or Excel
- Familiar with scripting languages such as R, Python and/or PHP
- Technical expertise in data mining: statistical distribution, missing/outliers data statistics, segmentation, regression, A/B testing, hypothesis testing, etc.
About Visa Global Loyalty
Global Loyalty is a team within Visa's product organization that works on solutions for merchants, issuers and fintechs to grow their businesses and build stronger customer relationships. Joining our team means you’ll get the best of both worlds: the culture of a fast-paced startup with the security and scale of a Fortune 500 brand. Our group is devoted to building forward-thinking products to give our partners a leg up. Here’s a sample of what we’ve been working on:
- Launched Uber Local Offers in August 2016, a new way for riders to earn discounted rides by simply using the same Visa card on file with Uber at their favorite local merchants and high profile national brands.
- Leveraging Visa data to power our technology and ensure that we’re serving relevant, personalized offers to consumers.
- Building best-in-class APIs that accelerate the delivery of merchant solutions and data analytics to fuel business growth and strengthen customer relationships.
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.