Director – Strategic Sourcing – Global Affluent Product Sourcing
- Foster City, CA, USA
As the world’s leader in digital payments technology, Visa’s mission is to connect the world through the most creative, reliable and secure payment network - enabling individuals, businesses, and economies to thrive. Our advanced global processing network, VisaNet, provides secure and reliable payments around the world, and is capable of handling more than 65,000 transaction messages a second. The company’s dedication to innovation drives the rapid growth of connected commerce on any device, and fuels the dream of a cashless future for everyone, everywhere. As the world moves from analog to digital, Visa is applying our brand, products, people, network and scale to reshape the future of commerce.
At Visa, your individuality fits right in. Working here gives you an opportunity to impact the world, invest in your career growth, and be part of an inclusive and diverse workplace. We are a global team of disruptors, trailblazers, innovators and risk-takers who are helping drive economic growth in even the most remote parts of the world, creatively moving the industry forward, and doing meaningful work that brings financial literacy and digital commerce to millions of unbanked and underserved consumers.
You’re an Individual. We’re the team for you. Together, let’s transform the way the world pays.
The Director of Strategic Sourcing leads by example, and through partnership to drive competitive advantage and value for Visa Inc. As the lead for Global Affluent Product Sourcing, you are accountable for developing strategies by identifying new opportunities for value and process improvement. As a leader within the Strategic Sourcing Organization, you are responsible for developing strong and effective business partner relationships with senior leaders across multiple functions and regions. The Director will work with Global Product Leadership to source affluent card benefits and provide direction to regional sourcing leads aligned to the defined strategy. You will need a strong sense of urgency and the ability to succinctly frame issues and alternatives to drive decisions forward.
• Engages and establishes business partnerships with cross functional leadership across Visa to collaborate, influence, and drive sourcing strategies.
• Work with Stakeholders to create complex sourcing strategies, scope requirements, Business Partnerships, and navigate complexity within a large global matrixed organization.
• Creates a shared vision by embedding and integrating the role of strategic sourcing into various parts of the business
• Develops long term portfolio category strategies that are directly linked to the Client and Product organizational objectives.
• Perform savings tracking and report realized savings on a continuous base.
• Ensure realized savings ties back to departmental budget.
• Provides high level guidance on the overall continuous strategic sourcing process from needs identification through supplier performance management.
• Develop strategy for consistent media mix measurement and monitoring
• Maintain strong external focus by leveraging industry peers, organizations, associations and by continuing to build strong relationships outside of Visa
• A champion for change that can act decisively to drive decisions, while demonstrating agility to support the evolution of business needs
• Communicates effectively and frequently, listens carefully, and actively seeks and values the perspectives of others
• Builds effective strategic relationships with external suppliers to drive and execute category strategies
• Develop and manage category wide SRM plans with a focus on continuous improvement and innovation
• Support the implementation of Global Sourcing policies and procedures.
• Solid understanding of Strategic Sourcing and proven ability to articulate a (5 to 7) step strategic sourcing methodology.
• 10+ years of experience in Strategic Sourcing preferably in the financial services industry.
• 7+ years leading the development and management of category plans or sourcing strategies.
• Past experiences challenging the status quo by developing business cases for change through leveraging business acumen, market intelligence, and insights to drive a broad strategic impact across an organization
• Knowledgeable about contract terms and conditions.
• Proven ability to develop and execute category strategies, as part of a procurement transformation and/or significant process improvement initiative.
• Experience managing internal customers and users of the category’s goods or services and experience tracking and directing demand to preferred suppliers.
• High level of self-motivation and initiative, and ability to operate as a team player.
• Willingness to offer thought leadership, to think creatively, and to offer new ways to approach old problems.
• Strong relationship-management skills and ability to communicate effectively, and collaborate with, senior-to-exec management. You need to be able to tell compelling stories through insights and data
• Undergraduate degree required, graduate degree preferred
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.