Lead SW Engineer- Data Product Development
- Foster City, CA, USA
Common Purpose, Uncommon Opportunity. Everyone at Visa works with one goal in mind – making sure that Visa is the best way to pay and be paid, for everyone everywhere. This is our global vision and the common purpose that unites the entire Visa team. As a global payments technology company, tech is at the heart of what we do: Our VisaNet network processes over 13,000 transactions per second for people and businesses around the world, enabling them to use digital currency instead of cash and checks. We are also global advocates for financial inclusion, working with partners around the world to help those who lack access to financial services join the global economy. Visa’s sponsorships, including the Olympics and FIFA™ World Cup, celebrate teamwork, diversity, and excellence throughout the world. If you have a passion to make a difference in the lives of people around the world, Visa offers an uncommon opportunity to build a strong, thriving career. Visa is fueled by our team of talented employees who continuously raise the bar on delivering the convenience and security of digital currency to people all over the world. Join our team and find out how Visa is everywhere you want to be.
This position is ideal for an experienced SW engineer who is passionate about solving challenging business problems and building applications that provide an excellent user experience. You will be an integral part of the Commercial Data Services product development team focusing on design and build of software solutions that leverage data to solve business problems. The role is for a self-motivated individual with expert software engineering skills and solid expertise with Big Data systems integration and technologies.
The candidate will be extensively involved in hands-on activities including POCs, design, documentation, development and test of new functionality. Candidate must be flexible and willing to switch tasks based on team's needs.
•Responsible for the architecture, design, development, implementation.
•Lead the development of new products iteratively by building quick POCs and converting ideas into real products.
•Design and develop mission-critical systems, delivering high-availability and performance.
•Design, code and integrate application business layer with external application components.
•Interact with both business and technical stakeholders to deliver high quality products and services that meet business requirements and expectations while applying the latest available tools and technology.
•Develop code and mentor junior developers to ensure deliverables are on time, within budget, and with good code quality.
•Have a passion for delivering zero defect code and be responsible for insuring the team's deliverables meet or exceed the prescribed defect SLA.
•Coordinate Continuous Integration activities, testing automation frameworks, and other related items in
addition to contributing core product code.
•Present technical solutions, capabilities, considerations, and features in business terms. Effectively communicate status, issues, and risks in a precise and timely manner.
BS/MS in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, or related field
- 12+ years of demonstrated experience with software design, architecture and development life
- Full Stack Software Development experience in of large scale mission critical applications
- Demonstrated hands on experience building Big Data solutions.
- Expertise in Big Data technologies in Hadoop ecosystem– MapReduce, Hive, HDFS, Yarn, Kafka, Pig, Oozie, HBase, Sqoop, Spark, etc
- Experience with highly distributed, scalable, concurrent and low latency systems working with
one or more of the following technologies: Hadoop distributions, Storm and Spark streaming, Kafka, Spark
advanced analytics, NoSQL data warehouses such as MongoDB, Hbase, Cassandra, and data processing frameworks like Apache Nifi
- Hands on experience with Scala, Python, and Java etc
- Understanding of Machine Learning libraries like Apache Mahout and Spark MLib
- Developing data-enabling software utilizing open source frameworks or projects such as
Spring, Angular JS, SOLR, Drools, etc.
- Experience with n-tier web application development and experience in J2EE based frameworks
- Experience with Web Service development using REST, JSON, XML
- Experience with data visualization technologies like C3.js, D3.js
- Strong on elegant coding, can write very solid prototypes or core components quickly
- Leveraging DevOps techniques and practices like Continuous Integration, Continuous
Deployment, Test Automation, Build Automation and Test Driven Development to enable the rapid delivery of working code utilizing tools like Jenkins, Maven, Nexus, Chef, Teraform, Ruby, Git and Docker
- Outstanding verbal, written, presentation, facilitation, and interaction skills, including ability to effectively communicate architectural issues and concepts to multiple organization levels
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.