Director, Digital Products – Malaysia
- Kuala Lumpur, Federal Territory of Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia
As the world’s leader in digital payments technology, Visa’s mission is to connect the world through the most creative, reliable and secure payment network - enabling individuals, businesses, and economies to thrive. Our advanced global processing network, VisaNet, provides secure and reliable payments around the world, and is capable of handling more than 65,000 transaction messages a second. The company’s dedication to innovation drives the rapid growth of connected commerce on any device, and fuels the dream of a cashless future for everyone, everywhere. As the world moves from analog to digital, Visa is applying our brand, products, people, network and scale to reshape the future of commerce.
At Visa, your individuality fits right in. Working here gives you an opportunity to impact the world, invest in your career growth, and be part of an inclusive and diverse workplace. We are a global team of disruptors, trailblazers, innovators and risk-takers who are helping drive economic growth in even the most remote parts of the world, creatively moving the industry forward, and doing meaningful work that brings financial literacy and digital commerce to millions of unbanked and underserved consumers.
You’re an Individual. We’re the team for you. Together, let’s transform the way the world pays.
This position plays an integral role in a high performing product management team that is responsible for developing and implementing digital product solutions and strategies designed to maximize growth by helping partners execute programs, enabling innovation, meeting the evolving needs of our stakeholders and industry, and complying with legislative, regulatory, and legal changes.
More specifically, this position is responsible for general digital product management and the development and execution of deals which includes the following key activities:
- Ensure all Credit / Debit / Prepaid and digital products (Visa Direct, etc. ) related implementation plans (e.g. activation & usage, Early Months on Books, Consulting workshops, Digital Journey, Co-creations) are executed in a timely manner for key issuers
- The candidate will also be driving Visa Fintech initiatives in market, such as Fintech FastTrack , Visa Everywhere and other digital engagement with Fintech players to build partnership and scale for Visa
- The candidate will also be responsible in managing a group of client portfolios
- Ensure EMV cards are migrated from existing portfolios according to the schedule set by both issuer and Visa
- Ensure Key Deal metrics are exceeded (e.g. Active cards, PV, Xborder & E-com) via key activities that increase the probability Credit cards are activated and used
- Enhance Credit / Debit / Prepaid CPVs via merchant and 3rd party vendor partnerships, Digital Enablers
- Provide thought leadership through top class, data led analysis and insights to issuers, partners and internal Visa stakeholders
Ideal candidates should have a broad perspective and acumen of the Malaysia payments, banking and Fintech industry coupled with experience in developing and executing strategy. In addition to solid influencing skills, a bias for action, be adept at inspiring creative thought, and a proven ability to translate strategy into tangible initiatives.
Be part of a very collaborative team environment with support from an extensive cross-functional team that includes key business partners such as Issuer Sales, Pricing, Acceptance and Operating Regulations, Global Strategy, and Legal.
Other responsibilities include:
- Developing strategies and programs designed to accelerate the expansion of credit, debit and prepaid credentials (Digital and Non-Digital)
- Developing business cases to garner approval of internal programs designed to accelerate the rate of expansion
- Cash Displacement and Credit / Debit / Prepaid penetration to accelerate Visa’s Malaysia expansion strategy
- Participating in annual planning and quarterly forecasting process for both product and acceptance
- Working collaboratively with key business partners (e.g., Acceptance, Sales, Pricing, Legal); will be highly reliant on strong influence management skills and the ability to build and maintain internal and external relationships
- Facilitating the delivery of research and analysis to support and evolve Visa’s marketplace expansion strategies and programs
- Developing communications for use with Visa’s key stakeholders (e.g. presentations, white papers)
- Tracking / reporting of key metric growth rates
- Conducting marketplace review meetings to update internal stakeholders and senior leadership
- Fintech engagement
• Recognized degree preferably in Business Management
• Minimum 12 years of proven sales experience, with strong account management experience, project management experience and relationship management experience, business consultation experience from the relevant industry
• Mass card migration
• Malaysia payment network and processing
• Knowledge of payments systems and the cards industry
• Knowledge of Fintech landscape in Malaysia
• Working knowledge of banking systems and processes
• Working knowledge of Regulatory mandates
• Product positioning and marketing skills
• Result orientated team player and disciplined to keep to the schedule
• Bias for action & not overanalyzing
• P&L, forecasting and accounting
• Project management
• Financial management
• Good analytical skill
• Communication skills
• Presentation skills
• Good interpersonal skills
• Negotiation skills