Sr. Software Engineer (Test)- Data Product Development
- Bengaluru, Karnataka, India
Common Purpose, Uncommon Opportunity. Everyone at Visa works with one goal in mind – making sure that Visa is the best way to pay and be paid, for everyone everywhere. This is our global vision and the common purpose that unites the entire Visa team. As a global payments technology company, tech is at the heart of what we do: Our VisaNet network processes over 13,000 transactions per second for people and businesses around the world, enabling them to use digital currency instead of cash and checks. We are also global advocates for financial inclusion, working with partners around the world to help those who lack access to financial services join the global economy. Visa’s sponsorships, including the Olympics and FIFA™ World Cup, celebrate teamwork, diversity, and excellence throughout the world. If you have a passion to make a difference in the lives of people around the world, Visa offers an uncommon opportunity to build a strong, thriving career. Visa is fueled by our team of talented employees who continuously raise the bar on delivering the convenience and security of digital currency to people all over the world. Join our team and find out how Visa is everywhere you want to be.
This position is ideal for an experienced software engineer who is passionate about solving challenging business problems and building applications that provide an excellent user experience. You will be an integral part of the Commercial Data Services product development team. The role is for a self-motivated individual with expertise in the testing domain. Candidate must be flexible and willing to switch tasks based on team's needs.
- Strong technical testing competency and experience with Hadoop technologies, J2EE based applications, Restful & SOAP API testing.
- Experience writing and executing detailed test cases, test plans and test design documents.
- Experience using data driven tests to validate Hadoop data processing engines, API calls in large J2EE n-tier architectures.
- Experience developing test automation framework using Java, Junit, TestNG etc
- Experience in debugging and troubleshooting problems
- Must have experience testing in an AGILE environment and should have exposure to
testing environment migration, DB and infrastructure/system upgrades.
- Continuous Integration, Code/Test coverage working in different methodologies is a plus.
- Must have proactive and strong communications to work well across teams.
- Effectively communicate status, issues, and risks in a precise and timely manner
BS/MS in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, or related field
5+ years of testing expertise with highly distributed and complex systems
• Hands-on Automation Scripting, White box testing experience in JAVA & TestNG/ jUnit, hadoop ecosystem
• Experience with Selenium or similar software testing framework and batch testing
• Experience in building and executing automated and performance tests for REST based services
• Experience with Agile Methodologies, Tools (Rally, JIRA, Confluence)
• Hands-on experience working with Hadoop, Hbase, DB2 etc
• Experience testing software at API level using SOA suite, SOAP UI, PostMan, REST Client etc.
• Familiarity with Continuous Integration (CI) tools such as Jenkins/Bamboo or monitoring tools such as Nagios
• Experience with Code Quality Governance related tools (Sonar, PMD, FindBugs, Checkstyle, Emma, Cobertura etc)
• Hands-on experience with Eclipse or other IDE development tools
• Experience with distributed source control systems such as Git
• Familiarity in performance testing using Jmeter or similar tools a plus
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.