Finance Director, Deal Team - FP&A - Asia Pacific
As the world's leader in digital payments technology, Visa's mission is to connect the world through the most creative, reliable and secure payment network - enabling individuals, businesses, and economies to thrive. Our advanced global processing network, VisaNet, provides secure and reliable payments around the world, and is capable of handling more than 65,000 transaction messages a second. The company's dedication to innovation drives the rapid growth of connected commerce on any device, and fuels the dream of a cashless future for everyone, everywhere. As the world moves from analog to digital, Visa is applying our brand, products, people, network and scale to reshape the future of commerce.
At Visa, your individuality fits right in. Working here gives you an opportunity to impact the world, invest in your career growth, and be part of an inclusive and diverse workplace. We are a global team of disruptors, trailblazers, innovators and risk-takers who are helping drive economic growth in even the most remote parts of the world, creatively moving the industry forward, and doing meaningful work that brings financial literacy and digital commerce to millions of unbanked and underserved consumers.
You're an Individual. We're the team for you. Together, let's transform the way the world pays.
Support regional leadership in development of deal strategy, structuring, review, approval, and performance tracking process for Visa in Asia Pacific. This position plays a key role in managing partnership deals (incentives) with clients across Asia Pacific. Key responsibilities include:
Manage client incentives proposals submitted to AP Geographic Incentive Group (AP GIG) for approval.
Support Client Contract Management team in ensuring contracts are executed in an efficient and timely manner.
Be the subject matter expert (SME) on AP deal models, DealMaker system, Client Incentive Operating Policy and Procedures.
Provide ad-hoc analytical support to management on incentive-related matters.
The position will be reporting directly to the Senior Business Leader, AP Deal Team, who is based in Singapore.
- Emerging leadership and excellent teaming /execution within AP deal function and governance process; execute process that meets business needs, complies with internal governance, and facilitates business outcomes that balance stakeholder interests with Visa strategy
Support leadership of AP Deal Team; eager and responsive learner, excellent work-ethic, strong sense of teamwork and collaboration within team and with stakeholders, and promoter of knowledge sharing within team and throughout Visa organization
Provide quality and thoughtful analysis of deal structures; implement and contribute to best practices, proactively implement and apply best practices in all deals, and collaborate with business teams to achieve business outcomes while identifying and mitigating risks
Co -develop financial proposals with Visa sales teams; due diligence financial projections, provide feedback to optimize risk-adjusted returns, understand and improve upon commercial proposal, ensure financial proposal alignment to commercial proposal, and contribute to negotiation strategy
Partner with business in achieving key business and finance priorities through deals and deal portfolio management
Apply strategic concepts and priorities to all deals; be solution-oriented and champion of deal approval and opportunity execution
- Collaborate with other internal stakeholders (e.g., legal, finance, contract management) to ensure that resulting client contracts are produced and executed efficiently and meets internal governance and compliance requirements
- Active participant and teammate to global, regional and country counterparts in promoting best practices, collaborating on global deals, and representing AP regional requirements and point-of-view in global decision making
- Develop, contribute and lead quantitative analysis that analyzes profitability and other financial and strategic metrics to understand performance of deals and areas of opportunity for Visa in AP
Provide insight into Visa’s performance and financial outlook:
- Perform robust financial analysis and be able to succinctly outline and present key drivers, themes and key risks while applying business and financial acumen to explain underlying drivers of results across several scenarios
- Actively maintain current tools / models and introduce new tools/models, processes and improve analysis used for executive financial deliverables
- Collaborate in the storyboarding of analytical output and production of communication materials for related presentations
- 10 years of work experience; leadership role a plus
- Bachelor’s degree in finance, engineering, accounting, mathematics, economics, or related quantitative field; MBA a plus
- Strong business acumen; multi-functional business experience a plus
- Demonstrated program leadership capabilities to drive key financial processes
- Outstanding modeling, analytical and quantitative skills; able to identify and model challenging business problems with well-structured analyses and quantifiable financial impact
- Advanced application of pivot tables, macros and formulas
- Solution-oriented and great problem solver; ability to strike balance between compliance / governance requirements and achieving business outcomes
- Experience or interest with business contracts; international business contracts a plus
- Ability to facilitate lively discussion with ability to quickly test findings and assertions against a financial body of knowledge
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills; ability to communicate effectively with diverse audiences
- Ability to work effectively with a diverse team and produce time sensitive deliverables
- Fluency in English required
- Ability to engage across cultures, language and time zones across various mediums and travel as needed