Business Planning and Operations, PMO Project Manager, SSA
- Johannesburg, South Africa
Common Purpose, Uncommon Opportunity. Everyone at Visa works with one goal in mind – making sure that Visa is the best way to pay and be paid, for everyone everywhere. This is our global vision and the common purpose that unites the entire Visa team. As a global payments technology company, tech is at the heart of what we do: Our VisaNet network processes over 13,000 transactions per second for people and businesses around the world, enabling them to use digital currency instead of cash and checks. We are also global advocates for financial inclusion, working with partners around the world to help those who lack access to financial services join the global economy. Visa’s sponsorships, including the Olympics and FIFA™ World Cup, celebrate teamwork, diversity, and excellence throughout the world. If you have a passion to make a difference in the lives of people around the world, Visa offers an uncommon opportunity to build a strong, thriving career. Visa is fueled by our team of talented employees who continuously raise the bar on delivering the convenience and security of digital currency to people all over the world. Join our team and find out how Visa is everywhere you want to be.
The Business Planning and Operations (BPO) team supports the Regional President CEMEA in driving organizational and process changes to integrate business practices with the Global Business Units and Functions to facilitate achievement of financial and business goals for the region. The Project Management Office (PMO) is part of this function working closely with internal stakeholders to provide project management capabilities across the strategic and BAU priorities of the region.
We are currently seeking an outstanding candidate for a Manager position in the Project Management Office to ensure successful execution of strategic and BAU priorities in the Sub Saharan Africa (SSA) region (East Africa, West Africa, West Central Africa, Southern & South Africa).
The role is based in Johannesburg reporting into the Senior Director, Performance and Program Management. This is an individual contributor role, with no direct reports.
- Adopt standardized project processes and best practices in the management of projects for SSA
- Document project requirements, own and maintain project plans (milestones, phases and deliverables) through to completion
- Lead project management of strategic and BAU projects, track status, risks & issues and report progress against deadlines
- Coordinate internal resources to ensure delivery on commitments.
- Report status across all projects at a portfolio level to SSA senior management monthly
- Assess completed projects to ensure deliverables consistent with project goals
- Document and share lessons learned on projects to feed into process improvement
- Focused on delivery of results through effective planning and attention to detail
- Excellent collaboration skills with ability to build positive working relationships with SSA functional teams and stakeholders
- Well-developed interpersonal skills, strong verbal and written communication skills with ability to clearly communicate compelling messages to key stakeholders
- Responsible for own work flow assignments and able to take the initiative to resolve problems and meet deadlines.
- Able to work across multiple functions and markets to achieve project objectives.
Required Experience (education, skills - professional/technical/business)
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience.
- Minimum of 6+ years’ work experience. International experience and exposure to matrixed organizations an advantage.
- PRINCE2 or PMP experience or equivalent project management qualification, with proven ability to execute against tight deadlines.
- Experience leading projects with multiple stakeholders at both senior and junior levels.
- Experience using standard MS Office tools (e.g. MS Project, Excel, PowerPoint, Word, Visio, etc.).