Senior Solution Architect
- London, UK
Job Title: Senior Solution Architect
Job Code: REF15678M
Skill Category: Product
Job Type: Permanent
Posting Start date: Tuesday 14th May 2019
Closing Date: Tuesday 11th June 2019
Salary: Competitive plus Benefits
This client experience oriented role will be a unique combination of business development, technology architecture, hands-on technical support (including code level support) and client facing relationship management skills. This role will develop a deep working knowledge of payments API technology and solution selling. This role reports to the leader of the Solution Architecture and VDP team.
The successful candidate will be a solution seller and technologist who can ideate with Visa clients to discuss customer propositions, provide pre-sale advice and technical guidance on how to integrate APIs with clients’ systems and hands-on post-sale onboarding technical support. This role provides expert advice to business leaders and developers who want to use Visa’s services – understanding the client’s business problem or market opportunity, helping them find the right APIs for the job, showing them how Visa APIs work and what they do, helping the client define the architecture of their products, and perform technical support during the client onboarding process. This role will also use client feedback and experiences to decrease time-to-value for clients through automation, identify new APIs needed/wanted by the market, and enhance the usability of the APIs, SDKs, and the Visa Developer Center (developer.visa.com).
- Support sales and technical integration process, work with account management and business development team towards converting priority clients to API adoption
- Document and track success against client engagement metrics
- Assist clients with developing POCs and prototypes to help them understand the adoption of Visa API-based products and services
- Create solutions designs to meet customer’s business and technology needs
- In collaboration with the Visa Implementation team, help establish implementation timelines with client
- Partner with other integration teams to ensure seamless client transitions
- Manage multiple complex project integrations
- Provide pre and post-sale technical support such as customer reviews of product API capabilities, implementation of platform SDKs and APIs, onboarding technical support and test plans
What we’re after…
- Have deep knowledge and experience around emerging payments technologies and their potential to change commerce. Think like, communicate with, and inspire business leaders and developers to build their new products using Visa APIs and SDKs.
- Be willing and able to get hands-on with technology teams, including code reviews and test case reviews, or deep-dive into user flows with clients. Strong technical troubleshooting skills, including debugging code.
- Highly collaborative, bringing a structured problem-solving approach to client engagements and documentation, employing solutioning, moderation and facilitation skills.
- Able to combine aspects of the business and commercialization with technical ability.
- Demonstrated experience designing (and ideally building) mobile app solutions with rich user experiences that expose and consume web services using Java technology (ideally RESTful web services, iOS or Android)
- Demonstrated development skills in at least one of the following required technologies, with aptitude and interest in acquiring skills in gap areas:
- Back-end (APIs) and/or front-end (e.g. Android, iOS) development
- Java (Android mobile apps or server-side web services)
- Objective C or Swift (iOS mobile apps)
- SQL (for technical support and troubleshooting)
- Strong technical lead experience managing multiple projects simultaneously.
- Ability to quickly assimilate and apply new technologies and application knowledge.
- Experienced with Agile development process code
- Knowledgeable of cloud-base technologies, including security requirements and best practices.
- Bachelor's degree in Business, Information Systems, Computer Science or related technical discipline or commensurate work experience is required. An MBA/MS is a plus.
- Track record of relevant client facing engineering work experience. Financial services and/or payments processing industry experience is essential.