Manager, Product Benefits
- Toronto, ON, Canada
Visa focuses on building and deploying innovative technologies to enable and secure Visa transactions around the globe. Our mission is to launch new, market-leading offerings that create tremendous value for payments aggregators (e.g. Financial Institutions, Merchants, Processors, and Emerging Payments Providers) and delight end consumer users as well as meet clear areas of demand for payment and related services. To effect this transformation across the globe, we are looking for leaders who are passionate about innovating and delivering truly differentiated user experiences for specific marketplaces. Successful execution of this role will be achieved through a combination of leadership, payments and delivery knowledge, communication and applied strategy in applying Visa’s rapidly expanding push payments offerings.
Real-time Push Payments at Visa is currently comprised of Visa Direct and Scan to Pay product sets as well as underlying Visa enterprise services. Visa Direct is a payment service that Visa provides to clients (issuers, acquirers, processors, merchants and service providers etc) to facilitate fund transfers/disbursements to Visa accounts around the world using push payment technology. Scan to Pay leverages all Visa Direct capabilities and includes a customer-facing interface which may be deployed through a variety of relationships (e.g., financial institution partner, FinTech, etc.) Together Visa Direct and Scan to Pay are positioned to serve both developed and emerging markets covering more than $80 trillion in payments volume globally.
The Manager will be a member of the Product team that is responsible for shaping the organization’s product strategies as well as the development and rollout of Visa’s product solutions in the Canadian marketplace. The team also works collaboratively with issuing and acquiring clients to support their product launches and innovations.
This position is based in Toronto and will report to the Director, Product Benefits. This individual will work as part of the team that leads the strategy, development, rollout, and ongoing management of Visa’s card benefits and offers in support of its affluent suite of consumer, small business and commercial products. They will work primarily with the consumer credit, marketing, and the client account teams, but they will also collaborate with legal, finance, IT, and other functional areas in Canada. Outside of Visa Canada, the individual will interact regularly with Corporate Sourcing, Global Product, Visa IT, and with current and potential vendors that supply Visa benefits.
Manage Visa’s suite of product benefits in support of Visa’s consumer, small business, and commercial products in Canada. This includes executing on the product benefit strategy, building and managing vendor relationships, and supporting product growth. Ideal candidate for the role should have experience in product management and/or travel and lifestyle benefits, and be adept at managing multiple stakeholders inside and outside of Visa, navigating a globally matrixed organization, building mutually beneficial relationships with vendors, dealing with technology, and protecting the firm’s exposure to brand and reputational risk.
Specific responsibilities include:
- Manage and support the execution (as it relates to benefits) of card product strategy
- Overall vendor management including;
- Identifying partners with which to evolve Visa’s benefit roadmap
- Maintaining strong relationships with suppliers
- Writing business and technical requirements and developing RFPs
- Negotiating win-win contracts with diplomacy
- Ensuring vendor compliance to all contractual terms, and corporate policies and industry legislations
- Provide subject matter expertise, insights, and recommendations on issues and opportunities affecting Visa’s affluent benefit roadmap; includes staying abreast of, and reporting on, competitive trends related to product benefits and value propositions
- Forecasting and budgeting benefits usage, revenues, and costs
- Conducting analysis, pricing, business casing, concept / proposal development, and 3rd party negotiation that may be required to deliver new benefits.
- Engaging with external clients as required to execute the benefit strategy or track results
- Ensuring team adherence to corporate and industry legislative standards
- Resolving vendor, cardholder and client escalations
- Develop other team members as required
8+ years of progressive experience at ideally a financial institution, payment network, consulting, technology, or travel and lifestyle benefits organization
Demonstrated program/project management and strong negotiation skills
Ability to write product requirements including detailed use cases
Strong detail orientation, ensuring the highest level of quality and rigor throughout all internal and external stakeholder communications
Self-motivated, intellectually curious, results-oriented, with the ability to progress multiple priorities concurrently
Evidence of digital mindset and familiarity with digital deployments (APIs, SDKs, AI, etc.)
Strong interpersonal and communication skills and ability to work collaboratively
Highly developed written skills to deliver concise emails and compelling presentations
Flexibility in the face of changing priorities and demanding clients
Visa will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with EEOC guidelines and applicable local law.