Analyst – Interchange and Analytics
- Toronto, ON, Canada
As the world’s leader in digital payments technology, Visa’s mission is to connect the world through the most creative, reliable and secure payment network - enabling individuals, businesses, and economies to thrive. Our advanced global processing network, VisaNet, provides secure and reliable payments around the world, and is capable of handling more than 65,000 transaction messages a second. The company’s dedication to innovation drives the rapid growth of connected commerce on any device, and fuels the dream of a cashless future for everyone, everywhere. As the world moves from analog to digital, Visa is applying our brand, products, people, network and scale to reshape the future of commerce.
At Visa, your individuality fits right in. Working here gives you an opportunity to impact the world, invest in your career growth, and be part of an inclusive and diverse workplace. We are a global team of disruptors, trailblazers, innovators and risk-takers who are helping drive economic growth in even the most remote parts of the world, creatively moving the industry forward, and doing meaningful work that brings financial literacy and digital commerce to millions of unbanked and underserved consumers.
You’re an Individual. We’re the team for you. Together, let’s transform the way the world pays.
The Analyst - Strategy and Interchange will be a member of the strategy, interchange and analytics team, which is responsible for managing the organization's pricing, analytics and strategy. The team works collaboratively with the product team, providing strategic and analytical support of their product launches and innovations.
The position will be based in Toronto, Canada and will report to the Senior Director, Strategy, Interchange and Analytics. The individual will be responsible for:
· Defining, developing and managing curated datasets, key business metrics and reporting across functional units at Visa
· Providing strong, effective business analytics for different initiatives in Canada; producing actionable insights that support decision-making for Visa
· Support pricing and strategy solution development across a wide range of business topics
The individual will work with many different stakeholders in Canada and some at the global office in Foster City, California.
The ideal candidate will be an analytical, structured thinker, with excellent data skills, a creative problem solver, and the ability to synthesize and communicate findings to an executive audience. The position will be based in Toronto, Canada.
· Develop and manage a broad range of reporting solutions in support of multiple functional groups within Visa
· Work with stakeholders across the Canadian organization as required, extracting, analyzing, interpreting and presenting Visa data
· Develop and communicate recommendations in a clear, professional, and impactful way
· Work with cross-functional teams effectively, some local and some global
· Embrace teamwork while promoting a culture of openness and flexibility
· Work closely with cross-functional and regional management teams on strategic projects, bringing timely and useful insight and analytical support
· 4+ years of professional experience in financial services, payments processing, and/or strategy consulting
· Strategic thinker with the ability to analyze and solve business issues or build strategies with intellectual and analytical rigor and attention to detail
· Real world experience using Hadoop and the related query engines (Hive / Impala)
· Extensive experience with SQL for extracting and aggregating data
· Proficiency with SAS as a statistical package
· High level of competence in Python, Spark/Scala, and Unix/Linux
· Experience with data mining and statistical modeling such as regression, clustering techniques, decision trees, etc. is required
· Experience with data visualization and business intelligence tools like Tableau or other programs
Visa will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of Article 49 of the San Francisco Police Code.
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.