Director, Privacy Oversight
- Foster City, CA, USA
Visa operates the world's largest retail electronic payments network and is one of the most recognized global financial services brands. Visa facilitates global commerce through the transfer of value and information among financial institutions, merchants, consumers, businesses and government entities.
We offer a range of branded payment product platforms, which our financial institution clients use to develop and offer credit, charge, deferred debit, prepaid and cash access programs to cardholders. Visa's card platforms provide consumers, businesses, merchants and government entities with a secure, convenient and reliable way to pay and be paid in 170 countries and territories.
As the world’s leader in digital payments technology, Visa’s mission is to connect the world through the most creative, reliable and secure payment network - enabling individuals, businesses, and economies to thrive. Our advanced global processing network, VisaNet, provides secure and reliable payments around the world, and is capable of handling more than 65,000 transaction messages a second. The company’s dedication to innovation drives the rapid growth of connected commerce on any device, and fuels the dream of a cashless future for everyone, everywhere. As the world moves from analog to digital, Visa is applying our brand, products, people, network and scale to reshape the future of commerce.
At Visa, your individuality fits right in. Working here gives you an opportunity to impact the world, invest in your career growth, and be part of an inclusive and diverse workplace. We are a global team of disruptors, trailblazers, innovators and risk-takers who are helping drive economic growth in even the most remote parts of the world, creatively moving the industry forward, and doing meaningful work that brings financial literacy and digital commerce to millions of unbanked and underserved consumers.
You’re an Individual. We’re the team for you. Together, let’s transform the way the world pays.
Visa is seeking a Director to lead our Privacy oversight function to join the Compliance Risk Management team, which is part of the Risk Management group. The individual will evaluate Visa’s Privacy program, and provide oversight to ensure our program meets internal standards, regulatory requirements and applies industry best practices to the program. The candidate will work closely with the Europe and Global Privacy program office to build the 2nd Line of Defense and provide input and expertise to drive a best in class Privacy program. The candidate will be responsible for the oversight of the Privacy Controls Framework, and will lead efforts to validate the effectiveness of those controls in mitigating risks. The candidate must be have a solid understanding of Privacy risks and controls, be current on Privacy regulations in the U.S., UK, and other parts of the world, and be able to effectively partner and communicate with multiple stakeholders. The position reports to the VP of Compliance Risk.
- Lead the design and development of the 2nd Line of Defense (LOD) oversight on the implementation of the Data Privacy program (including but not limited to risk assessments, controls testing);
- Maintain understanding of control frameworks and best practices used to benchmark Privacy programs
- Serve as subject-matter-expert (SME) on Privacy risks, regulations, and controls;
- Review and/or support investigations of data breaches (or exceptions) including root cause analysis and assessment of business impact;
- Lead Risk inputs in the development of data governance controls standards towards the Visa Global Key Controls framework
- Lead the design and implementation of key metrics including Key Risk Indicators;
- Responsible for the proactive identification and evaluation of emerging regulatory trends;
- Partner with the Global and European Data Privacy Office through assessment and guidance on compliance requirements;
- Manage, develop and maintain relationships at all levels of the organization to facilitate the effective delivery of the program;
- Lead risk assessments and control validation programs (develop test plans, execute control validation, maintain work papers and document results);
- Prepare and deliver reports to governing body (Operational Risk Sub-Committee) and responsible executives, control owners and key stakeholders on results of risk assessments and control validation work;
- Monitor and report on the status of remediation efforts;
- Provide credible challenge to control owners; offer advisory support on risk treatment and remediation strategies;
- Identify opportunities to continuously enhance the program to ensure it remains aligned with internal standards, as well as industry and regulatory best practices; and
- Identify synergies across the Risk functions to leverage activities, reduce duplication of efforts and minimize impact to business.
At Visa, everyone is a leader. We have a core set of principles that we share amongst our employees. These Leadership Principles apply to everyone at Visa, regardless of role, title, level, function or location. The successful candidate will possess the ability to lead by example, communicate openly, enable and inspire, excel with partners, act decisively, and collaborate.
- 12+ years of experience in evaluating Privacy risk, compliance or other relevant experience overseeing risks and controls;
- Previous experience leading controls oversight programs;
- Ability to prioritize deliverables and projects to meet timelines efficiently, to adapt to changes in priorities quickly;
- Superior analytical and problem solving skills;
- Ability to facilitate group discussions and debate across geographic, functional lines and levels;
- Excellent written, oral and presentation skills;
- Strong program management skills;
- Ability to work well with all levels of the organization both on a one-on-one basis and as the member of a team;
- Positive attitude, high level of integrity and intellectual curiosity;
- Demonstrated ability to lead and develop team, provide strategic direction;
- Must be self-directed and possess a results orientation;
- CIA, CRCM, CISA, CISM, or other relevant professional certification highly desired
- Experience in Big 4, consulting, bank examiner or financial services industry a plus, but not required;
- Must build strong relationships and be able to influence a broad range of global cross-functional stakeholders; and
- Strong Excel, Power Point skills, and Word.
Visa will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of Article 49 of the San Francisco Police Code.
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.