Director, Prepaid & Platforms
As the world’s leader in digital payments technology, Visa’s mission is to connect the world through the most creative, reliable and secure payment network - enabling individuals, businesses, and economies to thrive. Our advanced global processing network, VisaNet, provides secure and reliable payments around the world, and is capable of handling more than 65,000 transaction messages a second. The company’s dedication to innovation drives the rapid growth of connected commerce on any device, and fuels the dream of a cashless future for everyone, everywhere. As the world moves from analog to digital, Visa is applying our brand, products, people, network and scale to reshape the future of commerce.
At Visa, your individuality fits right in. Working here gives you an opportunity to impact the world, invest in your career growth, and be part of an inclusive and diverse workplace. We are a global team of disruptors, trailblazers, innovators and risk-takers who are helping drive economic growth in even the most remote parts of the world, creatively moving the industry forward, and doing meaningful work that brings financial literacy and digital commerce to millions of unbanked and underserved consumers.
You’re an Individual. We’re the team for you. Together, let’s transform the way the world pays.
This is an exciting opportunity to lead the future of distribution for Visa’s digital and prepaid solutions across Asia Pacific. This role is in the Digital Partnerships and Programs organization as part of the Prepaid Product and Platforms team for AP. The role focuses on establishing and growing partnerships with issuing enablers, large digital players and smaller Fintech issuers and driving growth and preference for Visa’s digital & prepaid products and solutions across AP.
You will be part of the team to develop and implement strategies, products and consumer experiences to increase Visa’s revenue in new growth categories. You will lead business development initiatives to identify, partner and support high potential new payment enablers, to launch new Visa programs with a focus on issuing. The role also requires a high degree of collaboration with various cross-functional internal teams, as well as externally with clients and partners.
The team will deliver new projects, on-board new issuers, implement improved processes and increase our partnerships with new payment enablers, the Fintech community and leading payment companies. Your team’s external engagements will include working with high potential system integrators, processors, program managers and platform providers.
The team will also own business planning, product development, product road maps, infrastructure development, program management, business development, sales support, marketing and distribution of Visa Digital & Prepaid products in Asia Pacific. A primary focus will be engaging key stakeholders to develop and implement agreed strategic initiatives of the prepaid portfolio. Your team also provides market and client support related to prepaid, identify and deliver prepaid product enhancements, ensure and build a conducive ecosystem of partners, and drive related revenues.
You will report into the Regional Head – Prepaid Product and Platforms, and be part of Asia Pacific Product and Global Digital Partnerships Teams.
- Deep knowledge of Visa Products, services and transaction flows including prepaid
- A solid understanding of payments, processing, mobile technology, back-end banking systems and related platforms, combined with a deep understanding of prepaid products and digital issuance
- You will possess a unique blend of strategic thinking, innovation, people management skills and leadership
- Ability to understand in-depth, analyze, and select current and emerging technologies or solutions that could drive new revenue streams for Visa and deepen the value chain with clients
- Given the newness of the solutions that will be evaluated and commercialized, you will require a high degree of independent thinking, business acumen and confidence in making analytical decisions
- The role requires strategic thinking, the ability to influence c-suite level executives and financial acumen to negotiate partnerships, issuing, acquiring and licensing deals for digital product expansion and non-traditional program growth across the entire region
- The role requires product launch/commercialization experience including strong program management, working with cross-organizational teams spanning information technology, marketing, communications, public relations, training, and others to deliver programs into market.
- The role requires managing and motivating a team to set and achieve objectives, and leading virtual and matrix teams
- The role requires close co-ordination with internal stakeholders and external partners and addressing issues that have global/ region specific/ locally relevant levels of sophistication