Sr. Software Engineer
- Highlands Ranch, CO, USA
Common Purpose, Uncommon Opportunity. Everyone at Visa works with one goal in mind – making sure that Visa is the best way to pay and be paid, for everyone everywhere. This is our global vision and the common purpose that unites the entire Visa team. As a global payments technology company, tech is at the heart of what we do: Our VisaNet network processes over 13,000 transactions per second for people and businesses around the world, enabling them to use digital currency instead of cash and checks. We are also global advocates for financial inclusion, working with partners around the world to help those who lack access to financial services join the global economy. Visa’s sponsorships, including the Olympics and FIFA™ World Cup, celebrate teamwork, diversity, and excellence throughout the world. If you have a passion to make a difference in the lives of people around the world, Visa offers an uncommon opportunity to build a strong, thriving career. Visa is fueled by our team of talented employees who continuously raise the bar on delivering the convenience and security of digital currency to people all over the world. Join our team and find out how Visa is everywhere you want to be.
As a Software Engineer, you will be part of our Issuer Processing Administrative Services team to help design, enhance and build our open systems transactional platform.
We are looking for a talented full stack developer to join the Administrative Services team. This individual should be a technical leader and have a passion for using cutting-edge web technologies to build interactive web applications.
You should possess a keen knowledge, desire, and passion to produce usable and scalable web software technologies. You must have the ability to be self-directed and interact with technology and business partners at all levels. Finally, you should be comfortable in a fast-paced customer focused environment that continually embraces the latest technologies and techniques
- You have a Bachelor degree in Computer Science or related field and 2+ years of Software Development Experience or a Masters with 2-5 years of Software Development Experience.
- 2-5 years of hands-on experience in developing and supporting web applications.
- Knowledge of C#
- Knowledge of SQL and experience working with relational databases, and query authoring (SQL).
- Knowledge of MySQL / Oracle or SQL Server with an understanding of the impacts of indexing and schema design along with query analysis and optimization.
- Excellent debugging, critical thinking and communication skills
- Understanding of Agile software development principles along with experience participating in agile projects
- Ability to lead and self-manage projects and tasks.
- Ability, desire and motivation to learn quickly and pick up new skills
- Organized and be able to prioritize workload in order to meet necessary deadlines
- Demonstrable teamwork attitude, ready to initiate collaboration and resolve conflicts
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.