Principle Technical Product Manager, Data Platform
- Palo Alto, CA, USA
Common Purpose, Uncommon Opportunity. Everyone at Visa works with one goal in mind – making sure that Visa is the best way to pay and be paid, for everyone everywhere. This is our global vision and the common purpose that unites the entire Visa team. As a global payments technology company, tech is at the heart of what we do. CyberSource, a Visa company, has been and continues to be a pioneer within the e-Commerce Payment Management world. Our VisaNet network is capable of handling over 65,000 transaction messages per second for people and businesses around the world, enabling them to use digital currency instead of cash and checks.
We are also global advocates for financial inclusion, working with partners around the world to help those who lack access to financial services join the global economy. Visa’s sponsorships, including the Olympics and FIFA™ World Cup, celebrate teamwork, diversity, and excellence throughout the world. If you have a passion to make a difference in the lives of people around the world, Visa offers an uncommon opportunity to build a strong, thriving career. Visa is fueled by our team of talented employees who continuously raise the bar on delivering the convenience and security of digital currency to people all over the world. Join our team and
find out how Visa is everywhere you want to be.
“Visa will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of Article 49 of the San Francisco Police Code.”
You may have noticed that payment has become a very popular area in the last several years. Given the strong demands and innovation, this will be a very exciting area in the next 5 to 10 years. VISA is clearly a very strong leader in the payment industry, and is in a fast pace of technology transformation. For a payment system to work well, advance technologies such as data platform, big data, data mining, machine learning, cloud, etc. are critical. In VISA, we have all of these. The Data Platform Department is in the center for many of these technologies and development.
The Data Platform (DP) department is a key component of Visa's Technology organization that provides an enriched and valuable ecosystem of data platform and data services that drive innovation for our partners and clients, within Visa and globally. Data is the most value asset in Visa. The Data Platform department is dedicated to develop advanced technology (e.g. Cloud, Machine Learning and Big Data), systems and services to make data secure, rich, high quality, and fast therefore enabling Visa the ability to leverage its data assets in an effective and timely manner to maximize technology/business development and differentiate Visa from others in the payment industry.
The group maintains tens of petabytes of data supporting over 100 services for various internal lines of business and external clients. The Data Platform Technical Production Management (TPM) team is responsible on defining the next generation of Visa Data Platform including the Data Platform as a Service (PaaS) and Data as a Service (DaaS). To do this, the Sr. TPM needs to understand the customer demand on data platform and deliver innovative, effective, reliable and scalable quality products and services. This position will report to the Head of Technical Product Management, Data Platform.
The ideal candidate will have a very strong technical background in one or more of the following areas:
1. Data architecture
2. Hadoop, Spark, Kafka, large scale real time and batch processing
3. Machine learning, artificial intelligence, feature engineering, model lifecycle management and deployment
4. Query building, Presto, HIVE, SQL, metadata, data wrangling,
5. Data warehouse, data stores, aggregations, data architecture, data integrations
6. Data quality, SLAs, customer engagement
7. Containerization- Kubernetes, agile, workflow, resource management
8. Scalable API infrastructure and APIs
9. Data assets, data governance, storage and sharing
10. User experiences, user access, security, query builder, interface and information architecture
Candidates should be passionate, self-driven and resourceful, creative problem solvers with can-do attitude, ideally be a thought leader in above areas, very familiar with the up to date development of related cutting edge technologies especially open source projects, have exceptional organizational skills, written and verbal communication skills, be an analytical and structured thinker as well as with significant experience in customer/partner interaction, management and software solution delivery.
- Be the CEO/CTO of the products you own
- Deeply understand the needs of data for Visa
- Drive requirements, strategy and end results for data collection, processing, publishing, and serving within Visa.
- Keep up with cutting edge technology especially open source projects, strive to contribute to Visa’s IP portfolio
- Evaluate new product opportunities and bring forward proposals and influence to expand our product line
- Define the product roadmap, success metrics, SLA by partnering with other leaders in DP, keep it up to date and enforce
- Define products scope and prioritization and be flexible to iterate/change per latest developments to meet deadlines
- Work closely with all stakeholders to ensure successful end-to-end delivery of products and achieve high rating from customers
- Work with operation and engineering teams to ensure reliable operations and SLAs met or exceeded
- Work with project management to participate in agile working teams to ensure on time high quality delivery
- Perform User Acceptance Testing and exceed requirements and user experience expectations
- Closely interact and partner with business and technology teams global
- BA/BS degree is required. Concentration in Computer Science or a related technical discipline.
- 10+ years of technical product management
- Team player, leave ego at the door
- Experience demonstrating strong leadership, self-motivation and accountability
- Strong technical experience in the above listed technical areas
- In-depth knowledge of the state of art industry development and open source projects in the related areas
- Proactive, can do attitude, self-driven, creative problem solver
- Passion for the product you own, its impact and continuous improvements
- Strong product management experience
- Exceptional collaboration and partnership skills with the ability to work in a global environment and drive consensus in cross-functional teams
- Demonstrated interpersonal skills to interface well with clients and partners at all levels
- Outstanding communications ability to a diverse customer audience, including C-level executives, product, and technical stakeholders
- Strong customer engagement and relationship management skills
- Fast learner on both technical side and business side
- More than comfortable in an ambiguous matrixed organization
- Strategic thinker who can balance big picture strategy with detailed, flawless execution
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.
Visa will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of Article 49 of the San Francisco Police Code.