Lead Software Engineer (REF15094F) - Visa Digital Developer Platform (VDDP)
- Foster City, CA, USA
Common Purpose, Uncommon Opportunity. Everyone at Visa works with one goal in mind – making sure that Visa is the best way to pay and be paid, for everyone everywhere. This is our global vision and the common purpose that unites the entire Visa team. As a global payments technology company, tech is at the heart of what we do: Our VisaNet network processes over 13,000 transactions per second for people and businesses around the world, enabling them to use digital currency instead of cash and checks. We are also global advocates for financial inclusion, working with partners around the world to help those who lack access to financial services join the global economy. Visa’s sponsorships, including the Olympics and FIFA™ World Cup, celebrate teamwork, diversity, and excellence throughout the world. If you have a passion to make a difference in the lives of people around the world, Visa offers an uncommon opportunity to build a strong, thriving career. Visa is fueled by our team of talented employees who continuously raise the bar on delivering the convenience and security of digital currency to people all over the world. Join our team and find out how Visa is everywhere you want to be.
What we expect of you, day to day.
You will be part of Visa’s Digital Development Platform (DDP) global team which focuses on building end to end solution for digitization and mobilization of commerce for global market. We are looking for a technically expert Lead Software Engineer for our Client Integration Solution team based out of our Foster City, CA office to assure client success in adopting our products. The Lead Software Engineer is a technical leadership role, and therefore the successful candidate will be able to effectively lead multiple projects simultaneously working very closely with the engineering leads, product manager, and client support teams.
This role requires logical thinking, application of programming techniques to design, build, and maintain solution for clients, and quick troubleshooting and problem solving skills. To be successful in the role, deep knowledge of computer science fundamentals, mobile & web technologies, multi-tiered architecture and experience in tools development is essentials. In addition to the technical skill set and passion for learning new technologies, the candidate will be a self-starter, results-driven, and equipped with excellent verbal and written communication skills to interface with external teams & stakeholders. Successful candidate will have a flair for out-of-box thinking and be passionate about mentoring and coaching junior software engineers.
What we're after...
· Master's Degree in Computer Science, Software Engineering or a related discipline
· 12+yrs of experience in hands on software product development
· Expert level skills in developing multi-tier application based on Java / C# / C++
· In-depth knowledge of web (TCP/IP, HTTP, HTML, REST, SOAP, XML/JSON) and/or mobile technologies (Android/iOS)
· Experience building & testing enterprise scale web services (RESTful) and security practices
· Experience building tools, native mobile apps or SDK
· Experience of leading initiatives & mentoring a small team of software engineers at a task level
· Demonstrated proficiency in troubleshooting, and root-cause analysis
· A go-getter who is not overwhelmed by new technology, tight timelines, or parallel projects
· Thrives in a fast-paced environment and flexible to work with distributed global teams and willing to support clients globally
· Excellent written and verbal communication skills, interpersonal and presentation skills, and proven ability to influence and communicate effectively
· Strong practitioner of Visa's Leadership principles
· Experience in payments tech / banking system software
Think you have what it takes?
If you are interested in a career that will challenge and inspire you we'd love to hear from you!
Visa will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of Article 49 of the San Francisco Police Code.
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.