Director of Engineering, Commercial Payments - Data Product Development
- Foster City, CA, USA
Common Purpose, Uncommon Opportunity. Everyone at Visa works with one goal in mind – making sure that Visa is the best way to pay and be paid, for everyone everywhere. This is our global vision and the common purpose that unites the entire Visa team. As a global payments technology company, tech is at the heart of what we do. CyberSource, a Visa company, has been and continues to be a pioneer within the e-Commerce Payment Management world. Our VisaNet network is capable of handling over 65,000 transaction messages per second for people and businesses around the world, enabling them to use digital currency instead of cash and checks.
We are also global advocates for financial inclusion, working with partners around the world to help those who lack access to financial services join the global economy. Visa’s sponsorships, including the Olympics and FIFA™ World Cup, celebrate teamwork, diversity, and excellence throughout the world. If you have a passion to make a difference in the lives of people around the world, Visa offers an uncommon opportunity to build a strong, thriving career. Visa is fueled by our team of talented employees who continuously raise the bar on delivering the convenience and security of digital currency to people all over the world. Join our team and
find out how Visa is everywhere you want to be.
About Global Commercial Payments Platform
Visa's Commercial Payments organization is responsible for managing Visa's B2B Payment delivery and innovation agenda through strategic partnerships with critical financial institutions. This group is responsible for defining and building the Non-Card based payment innovation and product for Visa Inc. Globally. The 5 priority verticals the team is focusing on are
1. Blockchain based Cross border payment platform
2. Near time Settlement
3. Enterprise ID stamping to create digital identity for corporates
4. Hyperledger chain-code development in Go-lang
5. Analytics and Data visualization
We are working on Blockchain technology and want to add a highly motivated Engineer to our team in
Foster City,CA. Work on emerging technologies, partnering with Product on implementation strategy.Work with technology teams to understand the business demand and ensure design and build of solutions creates or leverages cross-asset concepts and frameworks.
This Position will report directly to Global Technology Leader (Commercial Payments) , California
- Directs and manages a diverse team of engineering professionals performing research, development, design and/or implementation of products, services, solutions for VISA’s Global Commercial Payments portfolio. Responsible for creating and communicating technical strategy within the organization and/or across the function.
- Own & Drive the end to end development effort for on-time, high-quality, highly scalable technical solutions that meet the product vision. Responsibilities span all phases of product development including:
Collaborating and aligning with architects and senior technologists on proper architecture and design.
Partnering with Business teams to ensure completeness and common understanding of product vision, roadmap & requirements.
Leading agile engineering teams to deliver end to end technical solutions that meet and exceed product expectations.
Manage and automate engineering and operations, including post implementation support.
Understand client experience and drive strong client focus.
Innovate and design new technologies like Blockchain based payments, AI and Machine learning initiatives for Commercial Payments
Build analytics that provides deep insights into engineering efficiency; developer velocity; operational and support efficiency and service quality.
Envision and communicate product strategy and functionality. Initiate and foster relationships with other groups
- Manages Headcount, deliverables, schedule and cost for the organizations ensuring that resources are appropriately allocated and that Goals, Objectives, Timelines and Budget are met in accordance with organizational metrics and business plans.
- Passionate about Commercial Products and find opportunity in product line to enhance and expand commercial business
- 8-10 years’ experience in strategy consulting, a product organization, investment banking, Cash Management (Payments and Liquidity Management), International Remittances
- Communication and Strategy will play key role in selection process
- Business development, partnerships, alliances or relationship management skills helpful
- Experience in leading projects and working with senior management
- Payments or technology industry knowledge very helpful
- Analytical and strategic acumen
- Ready to challenge the status-quo, and drive innovative ideas
- Ability to become a thought leader
- Team player possessing a strong drive to add value to the business direction
- MBA a huge plus
- Candidates having Industry experience between 8-12 years are ideal
Visa will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with EEOC guidelines and applicable local law.