Senior Software Engineer - Data Product Development
- Bengaluru, India
As the world's leader in digital payments technology, Visa's mission is to connect the world through the most creative, reliable and secure payment network - enabling individuals, businesses, and economies to thrive. Our advanced global processing network, VisaNet, provides secure and reliable payments around the world, and is capable of handling more than 65,000 transaction messages a second. The company's dedication to innovation drives the rapid growth of connected commerce on any device, and fuels the dream of a cashless future for everyone, everywhere. As the world moves from analog to digital, Visa is applying our brand, products, people, network and scale to reshape the future of commerce.
At Visa, your individuality fits right in. Working here gives you an opportunity to impact the world, invest in your career growth, and be part of an inclusive and diverse workplace. We are a global team of disruptors, trailblazers, innovators and risk-takers who are helping drive economic growth in even the most remote parts of the world, creatively moving the industry forward, and doing meaningful work that brings financial literacy and digital commerce to millions of unbanked and underserved consumers.
You're an Individual. We're the team for you. Together, let's transform the way the world pays.
We expect our Staff engineers to do much more than just writing code
- Help our client to achieve their real goals by understanding the requirements and how it would help them in their business.
- Experience building highly scalable, low latent applications with high TPS
- Leverage newer technologies and develop solutions to build next generation of resilient, reliable and scalable services
- Lead efforts to architect, design and implement various aspects of our global transaction processing systems.
- Comfortable in leading meeting and discussions with non-technical teams.
- Excellent interpersonal skills and team player.
Most important qualities for the candidate are:
Academics: Bachelor or Master's degree in Computer Science or related field
Leadership: leading solutions and working with teams to achieve it.
Curiosity: A desire to seek clarity of requirements and why tasks are done a certain way
Creativity: The ability to take a list of needs and insights and come up with other innovative ideas.
Strategic focus: Skill to understand big picture and stay focused on task to achieve goals
Attention to detail: The capability to perform any research systematically and accurately
Strong work ethic: The innate drive to do work extremely well
Enthusiasm: A passion to understand people and deliver better products and services to them
- Bachelors and/or Masters in Computer Science from a top tier University with 8-10 years' experience
- Three+ years in technical leadership role in earlier projects/engagements
- Use technologies including Java, REST, NoSQL and more.
- Design & implement web and reporting applications using MVC frameworks like SPRING & GRAILS
- Ability to communicate effectively up, down and across to assure that your ideas are heard
- Passion for exceeding expectations and delivering exceptional code
- Please include your relevant details while submitting your resume