Senior Software Engineer - Big Data, Data Platform
- Bengaluru, Karnataka, India
As the world's leader in digital payments technology, Visa's mission is to connect the world through the most creative, reliable and secure payment network - enabling individuals, businesses, and economies to thrive. Our advanced global processing network, VisaNet, provides secure and reliable payments around the world, and is capable of handling more than 65,000 transaction messages a second. The company's dedication to innovation drives the rapid growth of connected commerce on any device, and fuels the dream of a cashless future for everyone, everywhere. As the world moves from analog to digital, Visa is applying our brand, products, people, network and scale to reshape the future of commerce.
At Visa, your individuality fits right in. Working here gives you an opportunity to impact the world, invest in your career growth, and be part of an inclusive and diverse workplace. We are a global team of disruptors, trailblazers, innovators and risk-takers who are helping drive economic growth in even the most remote parts of the world, creatively moving the industry forward, and doing meaningful work that brings financial literacy and digital commerce to millions of unbanked and underserved consumers.
You're an Individual. We're the team for you. Together, let's transform the way the world pays.
DaaS development is building the Next Generation Data processing platform with cost-effective and distributed applications on commodity hardware using best-in-class technology components. Building next generation DaaS applications require collaboration with exceptional group of software engineers, Data architects, DevOps engineers, payment experts and infrastructure architects.
We are looking for an experienced technical expert in Big Data technologies to help us build our team in Bangalore. As a Senior Software Engineer, you will work independently and with other software engineers as well as program/product managers. You will help shape the overall structure of the DaaS(Data as a Service) offerings. We desire a candidate who have demonstrated success in building partnerships with the key stakeholders of the other technology functions such as operations, support, system administration, security, development, and engineering is required. The ideal candidate will have a strong technical background in cloud technologies, big data, web technologies, large scale distributed platforms, and have a good written and verbal communication skills.
- Analyze and develop new applications.
- Design, develop, document and implement new programs and subprograms, as well as enhancements, modifications, and corrections to existing software.
- Build and maintain relationships with global and virtual teams and third parties on software development or support issues.
- Collaborating with and/or lead cross-functional teams, build and launch applications and data platforms at scale, either for revenue generating or operational purposes
- Developing and delivering quality services on time and on budget. Solutions developed by the team use Java, Hbase, Hive, Hadoop, Pig and other ETL technologies.
- Maintaining current technical knowledge to support rapidly changing technology, always on a look out for new technologies and work with management and development team in bringing new technologies.
- Candidate must be able to work independently with minimal supervision and supplemental engineering support, while responding efficiently to multiple program priorities.
- Become a subject-matter-expert (SME) for various program domains in support of building test capabilities.
- Ensure quality of services are near 100% defect free and services work in production to support uptime SLA of each program
- Graduate degree in computer science or Engineering
- 4+ year track record of relevant work experience and a Computer Science or related technical discipline is required
- Strong knowledge of data structures, algorithms, enterprise systems, and asynchronous architectures.
- Experience in Hadoop using Java, HBase, Spark, Kafka, Hive, Pig, Splunk technologies.
- Experience with large distributed services is a plus as is building/operating highly available systems.
- Agile & waterfall development experience.
- Experience using version control and bug tracking tools.
- Be an established self-starter who possesses a relentless drive to initiate change, raise the technical bar and deliver results
- Ability to generate creative and innovative solutions for QA challenges and constraints.
- Ability to work well in a team environment and be able to effectively drive cross-team solutions that have complex dependencies and requirements.
- Expert level SQL skills for data manipulation (DML) and validation (SQL Server, DB2, Oracle).
- Ability to handle multiple competing priorities in a fast-paced environment.
- Experience on Cloudera or Hortonworks distribution preferred.
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.