Staff SW Engineer - Java/Microservices, Data Platform
- Bengaluru, India
As the world's leader in digital payments technology, Visa's mission is to connect the world through the most creative, reliable and secure payment network - enabling individuals, businesses, and economies to thrive. Our advanced global processing network, VisaNet, provides secure and reliable payments around the world, and is capable of handling more than 65,000 transaction messages a second. The company's dedication to innovation drives the rapid growth of connected commerce on any device, and fuels the dream of a cashless future for everyone, everywhere. As the world moves from analog to digital, Visa is applying our brand, products, people, network and scale to reshape the future of commerce.
At Visa, your individuality fits right in. Working here gives you an opportunity to impact the world, invest in your career growth, and be part of an inclusive and diverse workplace. We are a global team of disruptors, trailblazers, innovators and risk-takers who are helping drive economic growth in even the most remote parts of the world, creatively moving the industry forward, and doing meaningful work that brings financial literacy and digital commerce to millions of unbanked and underserved consumers.
You're an Individual. We're the team for you. Together, let's transform the way the world pays.
The Data division is part of the Visa's technology organization. The division is responsible for maintaining Visa's data assets and provides value added information product and services to our clients and for internal use. The data platform consists of various repositories which include relational database, big data (Cassandra), Hadoop & other proprietary data stores. The client access to these data is enabled as information products and services through a set of Web Service, BI products & Files. The data access is enabled via browser, mobile and web services. The Platform as Services (PasS) group is part of the Data division that manages Data Service platforms; provide data administration, data subscription and data services capabilities internal and external use. The platform enables services to access external data sources in cloud environments. The Subscription includes the access administration of BI products, Data API, Files & data. The platform also provides location based services by integrating with external location based providers through APIs.
The position is responsible for the maintenance of the Data Services platform, design & development of various data as services platform components for the rollout of new BI products and services to Visa clients and for internal use. The position is also responsible for the end to end implementation which includes maintaining the project schedule, tasks, dependencies, coordination with other groups and the management of the vendor development resources. The data services platform consists of web and web services components developed using Java/J2EE and messaging technologies.
- Design and develop data administration web interfaces for data management & Access Administration
- Develop Web Services (SOAP & Rest) for data access from the data platform
- Expand the platform capabilities for the roll out of new BI products, Files and add new capabilities to the existing BI products in the platform
- Develop new data subscription web applications
- Develop Security & integration components for data extraction, & internal /external application integration
- Develop Test Automation scripts & Automate Deployment of various Data services components
- Develop code that follows established coding guidelines and Visa security standards
- Work independently and responsible for the unit testing of various data as services platform components.
- Author design, build and installation documentations
- Work closely with various teams to diagnose, troubleshoot and fix issues that cause impact to customers
- BS / MS in Computer Science, or Information Systems or equivalent experience
- 6+ years of web and web service development using J2EE
- Development experience in a Cross-platform, multi-tier environment
- Development experience in Cloud/Virtual environments
- Open source framework experience such as Struts, Spring, Caster, Quartz, DWR, JQuery
- Message based application development using JMS, MQ Series/Rabbit MQ.
- Web services standards and related technology knowledge (XML, XSD, WSDL SOAP, Rest etc.)
- Big data Hadoop, No SQL database experience
- Experience in implementing Elastic Search is a plus
- Knowledge in Administration of application server (Websphere, TC Server) and MQ Series
- Experience in integrating third party APIs
- In-depth knowledge of software development life cycle.
- Relational database and SQL development experience
- Agile & waterfall development experience
- Strong communication skills, with proven ability to present complex ideas and to document in a clear and concise way
- SOA concepts, ESB and Data power appliances knowledge
- BI application knowledge is a plus
- Development experience using RAD/Eclipse tool
- Experience using version control and bug tracking tools
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.